Other Actresses I Felt Could've Played The Spoiled Brat Choi Ye Won In "Rugal"

After watching Rugal - I was thinking that I might do a nitpick. I really love how actor Park Sung Woong makes you hate the character he's playing as. "Hwang Duk Gu!!!!" is all I feel whenever I see the villain ruin everyone. Then there's the character Choi Ye Won acted by Han Ji Wan. For me, she's a weaker spot and I don't know if she was the best choice. Here are some of my picks to play a gold-digging woman who marries a man old enough to be her father for power.


I was thinking that eccentric Suzy Bae isn't really always meant to be funny. There are too many times I take her seriously because she does her part well. In Vagabond, she shows she's gotten beyond her cutesy image. Suzy herself would have probably done the part as a gold-digging villain who seduces Argos' chairman, marries him, but must now fight for the assets of Argos. Why Suzy? The final scene in Vagabond would tell you a lot. The final scene has Suzy entertaining terrorists and she's now a femme fatale. One's SBS and the other's OCN but it would be fun if she became a villainous bitch for an OCN drama. Suzy's sharp glare and martial arts could've done more than actress Han Ji Wan. Many times, I thought Suzy's gutsy personality was badly needed. Ji Wan for me didn't have all that. Seeing Suzy try to play as a gold-digging antagonist would've probably showed audience she's not just a cute innocent girl. She had the potential for that in Vagabond except it'd be too anti-climactic if she were Samael in the said show. However, if I could praise Emma Roberts for becoming Scream 4's main antagonist then I won't mind Suzy becoming a big-time antagonist who wishes to take over Argos for herself.


I think Jin A Nana would be another. I always fancy gang leaders having hot women or hot trophy wives. Nana herself has proven her worth twice as a protagonist in two Orion Cinema Network (OCN) crime dramas. If she can play two beautiful heroines then why not let her play a beautiful villain? I think her looks, body, and acting ability too could fit such a dangerous character. She was a badass detective in Kill It which makes me think she would do well as a gangster's much younger wife. She has the looks and the skill to play quite a character. Granted, Nana has also worked with OCN favorite Choi Jin Hyuk. Jin Hyuk was the leading guy in Justice to which she was his co-star. I think Nana herself would give you the impression of, "She's nice to look at but you can land in the hospital." I think she's got the stare that can turn you into ice no matter how hot she looks like. For me, she's my top choice due to her experience with OCN.


I just can't give Shin Hye Sun a break, huh? Well, I did wish she were Seo Dan in Crash Landing on You because of her uncanny resemblance to Sarah Elago. Well, her resemblance to Sarah will make me think again that she could've played as Ye Won. Okay, she's really what I'd call unattractive but she's got the acting skill and intense moments. Argos as an organization benefits from the corrupt government of South Korea. Compare Argos to the New People's Army if you want to. I think Hye Sun as gold-digging Ye Won could be also a fun alternative. Hye Sun lacks the good looks but always makes it up with her hard work and talent. I think she could be a fresh image where the gangster's young wife is anything but a looker. However, she's got a deadly mind that could make her a dangerous foe to be with. Some people do have younger mistresses who aren't even lookers, right?

Comments