Wishful Casting: Seo Dan In 'Crash Landing On You'

While watching Crash Landing on You - I was having some fun poking at the hypocrisy of the North Korean elite. Yes, communism is not an effective measure when you think about it unless you're the one in power. You've got the spoiled heiress of a state-owned department store known as Seo Dan. I thought the actress was kinda overaged or what? Just hearing her go to Switzerland reminded me Sarah Elago went to Switzerland. Then I've got the actress I wish to play Seo Dan. 

Yup, it's Shin Hye Sun. She's got facial resemblances to Elago except she's got better skin quality than the latter. Hearing of her role in Legend of the Blue Sea and Angel's Last Mission made me wonder why in the world wasn't she picked for the role of Seo Dan? The series itself was already making fun of communism and why it only benefits those in power. I think Shin herself could've portrayed the general's feisty and spoiled niece who studied in Switzerland. Then the character could've been involved in further brainwashing the youth while she enjoys having an i-Phone X - something citizens aren't allowed to have. Though that might lead to Elago protesting at the Korean Embassy saying that the show is making fun of her, right?

Just a minor nitpick.

Comments