I've Just Finished King's Avatar

As said, I didn't want to write episode reviews for this series was for this reason. By the time I started watching it was when all the episodes were done airing on Netflix. I would admit I wanted to write detailed reviews. Instead, I decided to just focus on random rambles about the series. Now, I'm done watching it and what are my thoughts?

Team Happy's road to victory isn't an easy one. There was some interesting conflict when they first lost and how they got back together. Even one of the members was a former team captain Wu Cheng is overaged. Ye Xiu admits that one day their glory will be lost. He was to start from scratch with everyone. The whole team had their share of losses. A precious weapon was broken in one of the matches. Yet, there was still that aim towards victory.

It was nice to see more of Ye Xiu's family life even if his twin brother only appeared for two episodes. The interesting part was with his father who initially didn't like the idea of him becoming an eSports champion. Personally, I wouldn't want that too if you ask me for any child I may have. I'd rather have children who'd live a private life earning money honestly. Ye Xiu does miss his twin brother Ye Qiu after he left the scene. There's more of that backstory especially with Ye Xiu's father who only wants the best for his son. I don't blame Ye Xiu's dad for doing what he does. Personally, I think eSports is but a momentary career. I only think of video games at a very non-professional level too.

What really gets tough is when Ye Xiu has to go against his former team, Team Excellent. I really love the intense match and how their crazy organizer getting disappointed. Sun Xiang berates his boss and says that Glory isn't about just them -- it's about all the players. Team Excellent is currently sold and then it goes into the hands of the more responsible Xing Xin. Ye Xiu looks forward to the day to challenge Team Excellent in a more honorable light. He also makes sure his team will be worthy opponents too when that day comes.

If there's any shipping that seems to make more sense -- it could be Ye Xiu x Mu Cheng. Sure, I may be a shipper of Ye Xiu x Tang Rou but it seems Mu Cheng has more chemistry with him. They have a moment when they go back to their former camp at Team Excellent. I wonder were they intended to be a couple but never became one? Are viewers just made to decide on which pairing works better? I think it's better viewers decide on which pairing they want. There's no kiss like i-Carly had in its final episode between Mu Cheng and Ye Xiu. It seems that no romance will happen between them in the live canon. I think it's best to leave it that way!

Comments

  1. Hi ! This is very informative & interesting article. Nice to read your blog post first time ever. I really appreciate this post. Thanks for sharing this awesome post.

    Must Read -: King’s Avatar Season 2 Release Date, Story and Trailer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment