When I Got A Lower Score In A Final Exam Because Of My Stupid K-Drama Crush On Kim Tae Hee

I guess fanboyism can affect your grades right? I could remember having this weird fanboyism going on and how it affected my final exam grade. I could remember it was the 2000s when I was nearing my graduation year. It was the finals week and I didn't flunk in any of my midterm subjects. I wasn't outstanding but I didn't get bad grades either. It was time to review for my finals exam. It was really mandatory to study, don't watch TV, and GET SOME REST before taking the exam. Well, I had a closet fanboyism at that time. ABS-CBN and GMA-7 were airing certain Koreanovelas. There was Forbidden Love on ABS-CBN and Love Story in Harvard on GMA-7 - both having Kim Tae Hee on it. What I actually fantasized about back in college was marrying the 25-year-old actress while I was a 20-year-old student.  

It was one day before the final exam for that particular subject on ethics. I guess I got complacent with my good midterm grade that I didn't care too much about the finals - as long as I took the exams and had the requirements. I wasn't aiming for the dean's list either since I had many minor subjects credited. I studied for my final exam. However, I ended up breaking my principles. I remembered how many times I criticized some of my groupmates who made those idiotic teleseryes or Kris TV more important than their exams. Now, I ended up doing a bit of breaking when I decided to watch a Koreanovela (which I wasn't so fond of back then) with Kim on it after I was done studying to relax my mind instead of going to sleep immediately. It was a wrong move really!

The next thing I knew was that I was stuck in an idiotic dream. I was actually dreaming of marrying Kim on the night before an important exam. Not getting enough sleep was one thing. Getting a weird dream was another. It really affected my cognitive ability for the exam. It wasn't that I wrote the wrong answers that were too wrong. Instead, I was somewhat in a daze that I failed to review the essay I wrote for the exam. Sure, I did pass the exam but I didn't hit the 80% mark that I aimed for. It caused my grade to go down a few points. Think about it an A- going to a B+. I wasn't too surprised about the decrease in my grade either. 

The whole decrease did have the professor approaching me. She really asked what happened and why I didn't study hard for the final exam. I couldn't tell her the dumb answer. I admit that I didn't study that hard for the final exam or if I didn't go to bed as soon as I was done studying. What I never wanted to tell my professor was that I didn't go to bed immediately and watched a Koreanovela in order to ease my mind. Well, I could say that somehow - that had to be a very funny moment indeed! 

Comments