Kamen Rider 01 Episode 33 - Tennis Dreams And Yua's Punch

Well, I'm really getting conflicted in the pacing of Kamen Rider Zero-One. Sometimes, I wish I could just write the episodes after one arc is finished. Instead, we're getting separate arcs. Now, it's time to go back to reviewing Kamen Rider Zero-One episodes. At this point, I do call it a Kamen Rider Moment of Badass too.

The episode features a tennis coach HumaGear known as Love-Chan. Love-Chan was illegally dumped. There's also a tennis student named Keita. The episode does feature HumaGears' ability to dreams and their limits. Yup, Izu is aware of the limits HumaGears have such as not attending competitions. I think it's fair enough since HumaGears have hyper-focus and humans don't. Love-Chan wanted to become a tennis champion and Izu tells the former that it's against the rules. Love-Chan though gets his job.

I think this is Yua's shining moment - at least for this episode. I'm getting tired of seeing her as Gai Amatsu's lackey of sorts. Yua's defection started in episode 17 where she might be Gai's favorite plaything. I can't imagine what he's been doing to her or with her since the first episode Gai appeared. Gai reveals that he's been producing false memories for Yua and Fuwa. Though I do have my reservations to criticize it at a personal level. I think Fuwa should've had the trauma happening for real and not be retconned as a false memory. Yua returns back to her normal form and beats up Thouser. I love how Yua beats up Gai out-of-suit. At this point, I wonder how many takes did Nachi Sakuragi and Yua Yaiba had before they got the scene perfected? I can't imagine how they must've laughed a lot filming it.


Behind the scenes. They did film the episode on March 12, 2020, which was also Fumiya Takahashi's 19th birthday. Here's the cast giving him a nice birthday cake. Well, it was before Japan got a higher infection rate from the Legacy Virus outbreak.

Comments