Kamen Rider 01 Episode 17 - The Start Of The Five-Game Acquisition And A New Evil Rider

Well, I'm glad this ain't a boring new year clip episode. Just the idea of a flower-arranging battle made me think we might get another clip show. Instead, it's a major turning point as ZAIA Enterprise is about to bring forth its power. Gai Amatsu debuts his new form as Kamen Rider Thouser. ZAIA Enterprise is about to show off its latest product. The beginning of the five-game acquisition is here. Somehow, I do feel like doing alternative methods such as one review a week vs. reviewing an entire arc interchangeably.

A new product called ZAIA Spec is created. It gives humans a bolster in their intellectual ability. The Christmas rampage caused a huge bolstering 1000% sales in this product. Right now, I do feel like that Hiden Intelligence and ZAIA Enterprise are meant to represent the two sides of capitalism. Ethical capitalism seems to be what Hiden Intelligence would represent - the dream of helping others. Meanwhile, ZAIA while seemingly wanting to help others may actually represent commercialized capitalism or just profit-oriented. Why do I have a feeling that Gai himself is purposely causing rampages at the cost of others so his product will sell?

Somehow, I don't like the motive behind ZAIA Specs. Gai seems to be a very sleazy fellow. He introduces ZAIA Specs to master florist Rentaro Tachibana. I have to admire the handiwork done in this episode. The ZAIA Specs somehow booster the focus and abilities of the human being. But why do I feel that Gai himself is trying to turn humanity into mindless robots? I've got some hunches right but most of them are wrong. However, I do feel like that the ZAIA Specs is a plan to brainwash humanity into some greater evil scheme.

Meanwhile, a HumaGear florist named Sakuyo Ichirin is featured. She's learning to do flowers like a human being. She makes mistakes. She is chosen by Aruto to be the contestant in floral arrangement. She does her work mostly like a human. In fact, it reminds me of the sushi chef episode where an instant perfect sushi is but a meaningless one. Greatness doesn't come so easily if you ask me. The whole God-given intellect is meant to be worked on - not an automatic learning process. Somehow, there's no satisfaction in getting things right the first time and not having lessons to learn before achieving greatness. Innovation involves also learning from failure and checking for mistakes even in the greatest of success.

I could also talk about the floral competition. The ZAIA Specs wins the first round with such an impressive design. Meanwhile, Sakuyo is still learning not as a machine but as a human. There's a flaw in the design. However,Sakuyo starts to mutate into a Magia-type monster. I'm amazed also at how ruthless Gai can be. Gai not only turns into Thouser but also destroysthe still struggling Sakuyo. Like what in the world is he thinking? Somehow, I hope that Gai doesn't fall into decay like Kuroto Dan in Kamen Rider EX-AID. Thouser proves to be menacing foe who feels Aruto's succession of his late grandfather was very uncalled for. Right now, I can't wait to see what Thouser will do now he's a new evil Kamen Rider!

Meanwhile, I wonder how often I will update on this series. Granted, I'm actually still watching Lingjian Mountain and I'm planning to watch Still 17. Not to mention, real-life issues too!

Comments