Kamen Rider 01 Episode 31 - The Manga Artist's Return

Well, it's time for another Kamen Rider Zero-One review. This time, I'm in a mess right now on how often I should update it here. I thought about how I should even do my Rugal-related posts since I've been watching the series at my own pace while it's still an ongoing. Here's a big throwback way back with last year's fifth episode. HumaGears are now outlawed thanks to Gai himself. Now, something unique about the HumaGears is about to show up.

So the Manga artist Choichiro shows up once more. The HumaGear G-Pen is now rendered back to square one. Something unique happened with the HumaGear G-Pen. At this point, I'm reminded for the nth time of the plot of Megaman X where Reploids have the capacity to develop their AI nearly as close as humans do. The HumaGear G-Pen starts to show some creativity power. Hiden Manufacturing just began its operations. Choichiro wants G-Pen back not as a HumaGear but as a robot with independent thought.

There's some new conflict going on. What's really going to happen to Metsubo Jinrai now that ZAIA has become the new antagonist? Jin tries to encourage G-Pen by earning independent thought. There's also more hints that Yua may not be serving Gai at her own free will. Why is Yua now suffering headaches? Gai mentioned he put microchips in both Yua's and Isamu's brains. Yua may be suffering from headaches trying to break away from control. There's also a cool fight where Isamu tries to recover Yua back. Has Yua been evil all the time or is she simply coerced to serve ZAIA? What's also interesting is that ZETA satellite can't be accessed by ZAIA even after purchasing Hiden Enterprises.

What really interests me is how Gai himself is a magnificent villain. He couldn't care if the HumaGear is a threat or not. He's obsessed with ruining them. He's even more heartless than a machine even if he's got a literal heart. I really can't wait to see what magnficent villainy Gai would pull off sooner or later.

Next week will probably begin the two-parter arcs again (hopefully). It will involve a fashion model HumaGear. I don't know if I'm about to raise an eyebrow with the weird mix this series has been getting into. Meanwhile, I've been feeling more eager to watch this series more than the recent Super Sentai season, Kiramager.

Comments