Kamen Rider 01 Episodes 14-15 - The Brother HumaGears

The relationship between Izu and her "brother" Wazu was explored in episodes 12-13. Now, two astronaut brothers develop a bond. Metsubo Jinrai shows just how dastardly they are and there's also the Ark plot all over again. Just is the Ark already a sentient being or not? There's some mysteries in this episode. Also, I don't blame Isamu's hotheaded random tantrums from erupting due to his childhood experience. 

The first half shows the sibling bond of the two robots named Raiden and Subaru. Raiden is the Japanese god of thunder and Subaru means unite. Both robots have this bond as they were destined to be astronauts. I think it's only fitting that we're getting this brother HumaGear arc. Izu's focus story has her and her "brother" Wazu. The bond of them is just so strong. Subaru was deeply saddened when Raiden was destroyed. At times, I just wish I could punch both Horobi and Jin for their sadism towards BOTH humans and HumaGears.

I really can't blame Isamu (again) for his recklessness. He took the Vulcan cartridge which would seriously endanger him. I can't blame Yua for chastising him either. I really found the first half's battle to be rather interesting. Isamu doesn't really care if he lives or dies - it's as long as he accomplishes the mission. Sometimes, I do feel like I want to encourage Isamu's recklessness here. He knows he could die from using it but he would use it just to save the world!


The second half has Isamu and Yua try to do a pre-emptive strike. Right now, I think Horobi and Jin are both rather very menacing villains. They know how to annoy and irritate the heroes with their antics. What's more interesting to reveal is that while Jin still paid tribute to some fallen minions - Horobi thinks it's pointless. All they want to do is to follow the will of the Ark. Right now, it's still a complete mystery but I hope the plot twist will not be disappointing!

It's also interesting to think about the relationship between Izu and Aruto is taken to a whole new level. I do think that Vice President Jun "Dr. Evil" and Shester do reveal their cold sides. For Aruto, Izu after being harmed by Kamen Rider Jin is something big. There's obviously an emotional attachment to Izu here. I do feel the whole "we can always get another HumaGear" thing to be heartless - even if HumaGears are just machines. Sometimes, we do get attached to inanimate objects or pets. I'm reminded of how I do feel like being told, "You can always buy another dog." to be a heartlesss things. Telling them that you can always get another HumaGear feels like telling someone you can always adopt another child after you've lost yours. Right now, I wish to bash the heads of "Dr. Evil" and Shester together.

Next week would be the start of yet another interesting arc. I do feel that I want to see ZAIA in action. What interesting things will Gai Amatsu and ZAIA bring? How will it affect the role of Yua as a protagonist? Does ZAIA have ulterior motives on its own now that it's in the picture? I'd love to see some progress next week!

Comments

  1. Hi, just a friendly comment. I think you should re-write and modify this post as Zero One ep 16 is up. If you rewatch episode 15, it shows that Aruto has acquired a new upgrade and is about to take on Jin when it ended in a cliffhanger.
    Episode 16 continued where episode 15 left, thus episodes 14 to 16 are connected and comprises a 3-episode arc.
    My apologies if I pointed this just now as I just read your newest post. Hope it helps.
    Merry Christmas to you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment