Kamen Rider 01 Episodes 12-13: A Robot Detective And Shining Hopper

Well, it's time for another arc summary for Kamen Rider Zero One. right now, I do feel I may be either too enthusiastic or not for the show. This week's episode features a bit of Izu and her "older brother" Wazu as a detective android. Right now, I do feel a real rotten conspiracy which is probably secretly orchestrated by ZAIA Enterprises. This arc also features a bit of the bast of Izu which reveals that she's more than just a machine - she's a machine with feelings! Side note, I wish Maaya Uchida were Izu for this series!

There's a bit of confusion about that "Little Assassin". I always wondered why are we getting these guys? It's no surprise that these were replica series. There are five of them called the Zetto Matsurida series which were created to dance in festivals. Okay, I'm getting a bit more of the need to do research on Japanese festivals. That means Dodo Magia used to be a festival robot before he was hacked by Metsubo Jinrai. Sadly, most of the HumaGears hacked by Metsubo Jinrai all do get destroyed one way or another.

A guest character known as Wazu is introduced as the big brother of Izu. He's a HumaGear with detective experience. This causes insecurities with Izu especially she experiences human error. It's no surprise that HumaGears can experience a human error if they have some human capability. Sure, they can have the advantage of mental computations but it's humans who created the HumaGears. I wonder what's the science behind HumaGears and them having human intelligence? Why do I have a feeling that Izu and her "brother" Wazu were based on deceased people too? After all, wasn't Aruto raised by a HumaGear with his late father's brainwaves?

I was thinking for the past few episodes had a rapid introduction of Bandai merchandise. I was getting worried that it'd derail the story of Zero-One. I mean one form after the other was introduced almost every week from episodes 1 up to 7. Right now, a bit of a fresh pace. The Lightning Form is introduced by Izu but it turns out that it's not yet ready! This causes doubt in Izu herself if she can still operate as Aruto's assistant. This also leads to an injury to Aruto because it's not yet complete.

The second half starts to solve some mysteries except for ZAIA's true role in the series. Right now, I'm just getting nervous if Gai Amatsu will eventually be a villain - he seems to show signs he can be a psychopath like Jun Shibaura/Kamen Rider Gai in Ryuki or Kuroto Dan in Kamen Rider EX-AID. But on-topic - I do like the bit of fresh pace that happens when the rather impulsive Isamu is the on to rebuke Aruto for rashness. Wasn't Isamu the rash one? Well, I guess his near-death experience made him a bit wiser or has it? He does jump into the battle though to assist Aruto ing getting rid of the Dodo Magia. For a Dodo - it sure is a very hard opponent to defeat.

It's also interesting to see that Metsubo Jinrai tries to join forces with the heroes. I love how Yua herself will not team up with terrorists. Yua's really one tough chick if you ask me. I think joining forces with Metsubo Jinrai is a trap. Then again, why do I have a feeling something bigger than Metsu Jinrai is happening? Why are both Horobi and Jin that desperate to have a team-up to defeat the Dodo Magia? Though Yua probably still has a problem - her boss Gai does look very shady. Gai also does mention at the end of the episode of Thouser. I have my suspicions that Gai will be Thouser himself.

Izu is still feeling doubt and volunteers to remove her memory. However, Wazu seemingly obligated by the guest of the week trope says, "Screw it! I'll do it!" Is it me or do guests of the week just usually get forgotten in superhero shows in general? Heck, they hardly get mentioned at all in future episodes. Wazu takes the place of Izu. What's interesting is that Wazu's memory drain reveals some things from the past. It also fixes the Lightning Form's glitch. Izu is somehow just obligated to stay because she's a regular character. She ends up doing her part to deliver the new part. This time, it's completed. She still has a lot to learn with it means to adjust to her human creators as a HumaGear. I love how she realizes that she doesn't have to be perfect to be Aruto's assistant. Mankind after all is flawed and it must work hard to make up for those flaws.

______

So far, so good and interesting even if I had some pressing concerns early on. Hopefully, the next two weeks (?) focusing on the Space Brothers HumaGear will be an interesting take!

Comments