Kamen Rider 01 Episodes 10-11: Can A Humagear Be An Actor?

Well, sorry for the delay and I did it on purpose. Sometimes, I feel like combining certain episodes into one review to avoid hurrying things. Last week and this week tries to explore the potential of HumaGears becoming actors. Wait, didn't we get a HumaGear dubber way back in episode six? This is really something when I think about the dangers of robotics. Some technology might as well forever remain fiction even in the digital or space age. Otherwise, we can get disastrous results like this!

What's interesting to know is that Shinya Owada consented a fictional version of himself acted by himself. For those who don't know Owada - he's actually a longtime dubber, J-Drama regular, and narrator. It must be very impressive when you've got a legendary old school figure teaching the newbies a thing or two. A good example is him showing off his moves as a samurai (due to his long experience in Taiga drama) in this series or as an actor and director. I feel like he represents the past generation long gone and the generation gap between older fans and newer fans.

Can a HumaGear be an actor? This is the question that Enji Masuda as a HumaGear may answer. Personally, I don't think I like the idea to start with. Just remember that I'm really siding with Isamu over being critical with the potential threats that HumaGears may possess. Humans built machines but machines can't be really human. I could remember that sushi chef episode that would show how human feelings matter in innovation. Innovation requires God-given intelligence and free will to be better. Automation may be part of production but it's just there to lend a helping hand. Innovators of machines should remember to simply let machines assist human workers - not to make machines completely replace human workers!

Speaking of robotic - I could remember robot jokes I threw at both Andrew Gray from Power Rangers Megaforce and Justin Tomimori from Kamen Rider Fourze. Both seemed pretty robotic in many scenes of their shows. Who can't forget Justin's "manly tears" feel like a robot weeping? Who can't forget how many times Andrew is just blank-faced in Kamen Rider? Right now, I just want to joke that Andrew's character as Troy would make a good match with Izu. Since Power Rangers is a totally different reality - I think Justin's character as Shun might match a good match for Izu too. Though wasn't Shun dating Mio in Fourze? Hehehehehe!

It's no secret that the incident with HumaGears going berserk is BAD for the image of Hiden Intelligence. Well, Vice President Jun Fukuzoe isn't showing signs yet of possible rebellion though he might sooner or later. Earlier on, I laugh at how the Vice President was made to act like a corpse. It's probably a foreshadowing of what could happen to him sooner or later. Hopefully, Vice President Fukuzoe doesn't become a villain! The matter of HumaGears going berserk is bad for the company's image. I don't know why would Shinya shoulder it. 

Meanwhile, there's also the appearance of ZAIA. ZAIA's current boss Gai Amatsu shows himself to be an attractive young man. He's also a rival towards Hiden. Speaking of which, I could remember that arrogant rich smug Jun Shibaura from Kamen Rider Ryuki was also called Kamen Rider Gai. Is the naming purposely done as a reference? 

It turns out that Yua works for ZAIA and serves as the technical adviser of AIMS. Why Gai wants to get rid of Hiden is probably due to rivalry and him seeking to become a monopoly. Both Gai and Hiden both meet each other formally. I feel it's petty that Gai still has a rivalry with Hiden. Hiden is nowhere near as powerful as ZAIA for now. He makes an interesting proposal that might turn the tide. I really feel that either Gai may become a hero or could secretly be a villain. Right now, it's still shrouded in mystery. I just hope he doesn't try to do anything inappropriate to Yua! Okay, I'm getting really creepy now am I not?

A well pulled off the assassination. So "Little Assassin" does a really good infiltration. I really still feel unusual about how that gunshot DID NOT make the old man bleed. Is it a shock gun or what? Honestly, the gun violence here is kind of time compared to a lot of past seasons. Do you still remember how past Toku did actually show gunshot wounds at times? This one shows a man shot dead (?) but where's the blood? Must be some kind of weird technology that Metsubo Jinrai created to avoid evidence huh? Internal bleeding must have been the game with that new type of advanced bullet!

What happens next would be a very bad thing for Hiden. A police investigation is made because they believe that the HumaGear assassin was produced by Hiden. I wonder did Gai set them up or not? Hopefully not since I don't like the idea of Yua being secretly manipulated by a villain. This would result in next week's episode where a detective HumaGear will be featured!

Side note: I wonder if I'll just lump certain episodes of Zero-One together if I feel like it so I can pursue other new school stuff? I'm not a news blog after all. I just react to news and episodes. This is no newspaper and I just blog for leisure.

Comments

  1. Hi and good to hear from you again.
    No need to apologize as you did the right thing in posting your take after completing an arc, as that way you won't be constrained to do weekly review on episodes.
    I do see some similarities between Gai Amatsu and Kamen Rider Gai due to their somewhat sinister aura while Amatsu seemed like a more sinister yet composed version of Kuroto Dan.
    Of the gunshot wound scene, yes there was no bleeding and that omition is likely due to censorship issues given that the show is aired every morning and kids are watching it. This reminds me of Kamen Rider W a-z gaia memories where the gunshot scene of Maria S. Cranberry was shot but no bleeding.
    Overall the arc is good even though I dislike 2-episode formats since I'm more into multi-episode arcs (i.e. auto, ryuki, 555, blade, gaim, build), and the next arc sees Riku Sanjo returns as a guest writer and incorporate detective themes (though there won't be a W or Drive casts doing a cameo).
    I have a strong feeling that Amatsu could be the upcoming Rider, Thouser given his stated desire to trample Hiden Intelligence and the ADVICE to Aruto to sell the company. As for when Thouser will appear, given that were just a few weeks away before Kamen Rider Reiwa movie war hits Japanese theatres, it is likely that he would make a post-credit cameo though it remains to seen if Amatsu would be revealed as Thouser himself.
    But one thing I can say, Amatsu is likely a villain.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment