Kamen Rider 01 Episode 6: A HumaGear Seiyuu In Action

Well, this episode has a HumaGear for a Seiyuu which reminds me -- she's far more lively and vocal than the dubbers at ABiaS-CBN and GMA-7. The HumaGear Seiyuu is named Seine Kanazawa who happens to be a "replacement goldfish" for Seiji Tazawa who lost his daughter three years ago. This also delivers the dilemma especially Aruto was raised by a replacement dad of a HumaGear at a very young age. Last week featured a Manga-based HumaGear and now it's an Anime-based HumaGear. What in the world is going on, huh, Toei?

I always like the conflicting ideals between Aruto and Isamu. Isamu is very much concerned about public safety especially when it comes to an illegal HumaGear. I guess he still hasn't recovered much from the childhood trauma he had during the Daybreak Town Incident. I still think about how Aruto still tries to get along with AIMS in saving civilians. Is it me or are Aruto and Isamu like Top Cat and Officer Dibble minus the con artist concept? Aruto still follows laws unlike Top Cat. Isamu like Officer Dibble is pretty much the Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass type of character. Isamu may not be bright but at least he does get the job done against any real threat.

I still feel Seiji's pain in this way. You can think of how he lost his daughter and sees the android Seine as his daughter. Sadly, Seine isn't fortunate enough to live. Jin is referred to the recurrign antagonist Horobi as the latter's "son". Jin also shows off his form as Kamen Rider Jin. Meanwhile, Yua also reveals Kamen Rider Valkryie's bee mode. Is it me or is Bandai that desperate to sell that many toys considering Kamen Rider toys are selling like hotcakes? They (Bandai) need to be careful not to sell too much merchandise all at once or it'd burn out their innovative gears! I think that happened during Shuriken Sentai Ninninger where innovation got too focused on toy sales than writing a good story.

I also want to point this out. I could be wrong but I wonder why wasn't it possible to rebuild Seine when it was possible to rebuild Niikiro the sushi-making HumaGear? I guess the damage was taken too far to save Seine. However, an artificial intelligence with no body was created in place of Seine.

Comments