Vagabond Just Won't Give Me A Toku Break!

I would never dare call myself a diehard Toku fan. The same can be said about K-Drama because you'd realize how much I don't know much about directors, producers, and stunt doubles! I wanted to take yet another Toku break like I did with college -- something that actually kept me open-minded later was to take a break from something I haven't taken a break from. Now, Vagabond somewhat still gives me thoughts stuck on Tokusatsu again!

While Akibaranger was definitely in the 2010s which is soon to end this year -- there's some 90s Toku vibes. Lee Seung Gi looks too much like old school actor Hidenori Iura who became a regular in Solbrain. Suzy Bae's similarity to Maaya Uchida isn't too hard to notice too! 

Then, there's another possible antagonist that really gives me the creeps just watching her...

Jessica Lee's actress Moon Jung Hee looks very similar to Japanese actress Atsuko Takahata. Maybe, you remembered her as Witch Gilza in Jaspion, Maribaron in Kamen Rider Black RX, and as Reiko Ayanokouji in Janperson. She has a very ruthless demeanor and the way she "mourned" Michael's death hints that she probably ordered the killing. Dynamic Systems' plane crash was probably at her orders too. The incident suddenly placed Jessica's company Super Science Network John & Mark to its benefit. She probably ordered the saboteur Jerome to crash that plane and escape. Jerome also mentions that his life is in danger -- does Jessica have a trap door that's ready to drop people down to their deaths when they fail her? She has the very cold demeanor that Reiko would have as the president of Super Science Network has. 

I'm just scared what she might do next considering she has no qualms about ending a crew full of CHILDREN in it. It's also hinted by the trailer that she's also having backing up from corrupt politicians which will make her an extremely dangerous bitch to deal with. The trailer also reveals at how she flaunts her power and wealth. You can imagine just how she's that destructive. 

Right now, it's not Toku but it will remind me of past Toku! 

Comments