Frightening Thought: What If The Late Barbie Xu Played Teresa Teng Instead Of Michelle Chen?

 

Barbie Xu's 50th birthday was a few days ago. Barbie was buried at Chin Pao San, where Teresa Teng was buried. The Teresa Teng TV series was filmed in 2018 and only came out in 2024. I had a scary thought because the two celebrities are buried in the same cemetery. I thought about what if the Teresa Teng TV series didn't start in 2018 but started in the 2000s. Jerry Yan sang "The Moon Represents My Heart". I even felt that Barbie could've played Teresa better than Michelle Chen. Sure, Michelle was able to carry Teresa's performance. However, Barbie may have been able to carry it out better.

I watched Teresa Teng: Wish We Last Forever. I thought, what if the series happened in 2005 — ten years after Teresa died. What if Barbie played Teresa? I feel Barbie could've nailed every last bit of it. However, the scenes where Teresa collapses with no direct help and dies while in the ambulance. Those scenes would become too scary after February 3, 2025, if Barbie played Teresa. Barbie had a similar aura to the drama actress Leanne Liu. Barbie would've probably made a stronger Teresa than Michelle.

Barbie's demise might've made her portrayal a trauma. Barbie died while on vacation. So did Teresa. It might become a continuous nightmare to rewatch a hypothetical scene of Barbie playing a dying Teresa. Seeing her play Teresa's final moments would be hard. After all, Barbie and Teresa were well-loved icons. It was just for the best that Barbie never played Teresa IMHO, even if I felt she could've portrayed Teresa better than Michelle.

The final scenes would've predicted her own death in 2025. I could imagine if the filming site replicated the Chin Pao San cemetery. Barbie's photo would be at that grave in 2005—reconstructing Teresa's grave. Those hypothetical scenes would've foreshadowed her own demise decades later. 

In fact, watching Teresa Teng: Wish We Last Forever triggered memories. I still wish Barbie didn't leave us so soon TBH! 

Comments