Why I Think Shin Hye Sun Should've Starred In More Legal K-Drama

DRAMA LAND REVIEWS!!: STRANGER K-DRAMA REVIEW!

Knowing that Shin Hye Sun has been doing movies like Target (where she becomes the victim of a scam) and the legal movie Innocent - I really look back at her role in Stranger. I really must admire her versatile acting and I can't help but drop a tear after her character got killed off too soon. I really feel like the second season was boring without her incredibly intelligent character. After that, she was put into typical love stories like My Golden Life and Still 17. She was also put into Mr. Queen which she proved herself. Overall, she's been that lady who you'd admire for her intelligence. Every interview she has shows how intelligent she really is.

I watched other K-Dramas after Stranger. There were some I watched for the eye candy such as Kill It and Justice. I confess that Jin A Nana's beauty tends to overshadow her performance since she's more on the passable side. Cafe Minamdang was pretty much more light though I felt Oh Yeon Seo was "unjustly" sidelined. There was Doctor Prisoner and Suspicious Partner where I'd say Kwon Nara is a guilty pleasure. I still wished Nara had the Death Note because she looks like Erika Toda. Some of them didn't have eye candy like Partners for Justice. The screen presence of Go Yoon Jung in Law School wasn't really all that big either. Then I thought about that some legal drama without eye candy coud've benefited from Hye Sun's charming presence. 

Hye Sun here makes me think of a prosecutor. I wondered would Hye Sun have been better if she were paired with Choi Jin Hyuk in Pride and Prejudice instead of Baek Jin Hee. Jin Hee's an okay actress but I think Hye Sun does better. I also wished for Hye Sun the moment that she should've been in Law School as well. Hye Sun's appeal almost looks like she should've been in the Korean bar than an actress. I even wonder why she hasn't shown up in more legal K-Drama given her appearance and ability?

I just wonder did Hye Sun's funny faces work better than her serious side? I confess that I have the guilty pleasure of replaying that crying scene in Still 17. Yes, that scene where Woo Sorry ahem Seori lost her job before she could show up for work. I also think of her hilarious scenes in Mr. Queen. I wonder if people have thought of her better as a funny eccentric woman than playing smart girl roles? I guess people can't help but point at her FUNNY FACE. I guess her funny face combined with her smart talent got her more popular. 

For me, not giving Hye Sun more legal drama to work with was a great loss. I do find myself complaining that Kim Tae Hee wasn't given any more bad girl roles to work with. That's why I felt like writing this random post. 

Comments