Wacky Rant: When I Compared KDrama Celebrities To Nickelodeon Stars

Koreaboo

Well, it's time for a strange rant while I'm thinking of what Korean drama I'd be watching. I heard of Mask Girl on Netflix but it seems I might not like the plot. With a bit of a crazy mind - I want to write this post recalling a crazy time when I actually compared Korean drama actresses with NICKELODEON stars of all places. So what really happened?

After watching Dream High - I ended up comparing Suzy Bae to Victoria Justice 


It wasn't easy to compare Dream High to the Nickelodeon show Victorious. I ended up enjoying it more than Victorious. Okay, I used to watch Victorious before becaus I find Victoria Justice pretty. Then I watched Dream High sometime after watching Uncontrollably Fond and While You Were Sleeping. Baek Hee was pretty much the "Jade" of the show while Hae Ri was pretty much the Tori of the show. Fortunately, Hae Ri doesn't have an annoying older sister to deal with.


I soon compared Suzy Bae to Victoria Justice. Both are singers. Both of them starred in a musical-type show. I listened to both Victoria and Suzy sing. The comparison is kinda close in terms of going from a musical career to an acting career. 

I did compare funny girl Shin Hye Sun to Miranda Cosgrove


Prepared to go more outrageous? The first time I saw Shin Hye Sun do her performance was in Hymn of Death. I soon got hooked into her fabulous performance with watching My Golden Life and Still 17. I also enjoyed her appearance in Strangers which I hated that her character had ot leave. The film Collectors really showed her versatility. She seems to pull it off then I made this VERY WEIRD COMPARISON...


This is plain outrageous that I compare her to MIRANDA COSGROVE? I wasn't really watching iCarly maybe except to see Sam Puckett get into comedic trouble. Miranda's kind of funny herself. However, Hye Sun lacks Miranda's looks and singing talent. Hye Sun looks more like 1990s Japanese actress Sayuri Uchida. Yes, Sayuri from Chojin Sentai Jetman


Try to watch this video WITHOUT laughing. Hye Sun obviously has a very bad voice. Hye Sun's voice is best for comedy singing than actual singing. I really think Hye Sun's real strength is her acting. Singing? I definitely wouldn't recommend her for any album whatsoever! Both are funny in their own way. Miranda sings while Hye Sun plain sucks at singing.

Finally, perhaps the weirdest comparison which is WAY TOO FORCED...


I guess has to be the most outrageous comparison ever. I watched Jin A Nana in two crime thrillers Kill It and Justice. I still wished she was the pretty detective in Cafe Minamdang with Choi Jin Hyuk as the  profiler turned con artist. I also watched her in Memorials which for me showed she wasn't exactly leading lady materials. She gets the job done but she's not exactly someone I'd recommend for the leading spot. Then I'm reminded of...


This has to be the most forced comparison ever. Comparing Nana to Emma Roberts is like comparing Korean food to American food. Both have their merits and demerits. The only things in common they have is they're best for the sideline only, their good looks with a flat body, and that they're born in 1991. Otherewise, the comparison is rather VERY FORCED. 

______

JUST ANOTHER WACKY RANT!

Comments