Neon Kurama's Gaining Love Through Reconciliation

 

I guess it's a long time no reaction to Kamen Rider Geats. As said, I'm having irregular watches these days and blogging is just a sideline. After watching more episodes of Geats - I think the whole thing is more than just that wish. I think Geats is already trying to focus on the theme of FAMILY. Ace was looking for his mother. Keiwa wants to save his family. Later, Neon ends up realizing that she was just a Replacement Goldfish for the real daughter that died in the kidnapping. Neon was simply supernaturally created to replace the dead daughter (Akari) by the previous Goddess of Creation.

The Kurama couple are faced with a crisis. What if it's too late to reconcile with a woman they raised as a daughter? Would it be too late to reconcile not especially with how unreasonable they've been? I think both Papa Kurama and Mama Kurama had been traumatized. They don't want to lose Neon like they lost Akari. However, their overprotectiveness would soon make them lose a daughter twice. One's their real daughter. The other is their magically produced daughter.

I had mixed feelings about the kidnapping plot. Most Super Sentai these days tend to border on the Lighter and Softer. Kamen Rider had a u-turn releasing mostly Lighter and Softer Kamen Rider series. I even have a feeling that if Tetsuo Kurata gave his views - he might compare the humor to that of the failed sequel Kamen Rider BLACK RX. Geats isn't all fun and games as the series progresses. Neon gets kidnapped and it's forcing Papa Kurama and Mama Kurama to relive the tragedy. Can they really love a daughter that wasn't naturally conceived?

I think Shinji Kasaraha really does his part. It was fun seeing Shinji as Naoto in Mirai Sentai Timeranger. Papa Kurama decides to go rescue Neon whom he now regards as a REAL DAUGHTER. Beroba's cruelty in the series can be interesting to watch. What in the world is Beroba's problem taking advantage of people's negative feelings? Papa Kurama goes to the rescue and even gets injured. That starts to make the whole family rethink why Neon, their replacement daughter, did what she did in the first place. Many times, I just felt like punching Neon's dysfunctional parents. Later, they realize that they simply started to love Neon as if she was their real daughter.

I wonder if this redemption was rushed because of the 40+ mark. Kamen Rider Gotchard has been anoounced already. It's only a matter of time before the cast reveal. It may only be a matter of time before it's time to say goodbye to the cast of Geats. I think the redemption was either forced by Executive Meddling or not. I guess Geats couldn't afford to become as serious as it wants to be. I guess that's why we have this rushed redemption story. Since Neon isn't the main character then I guess that's why it's not that focused. 

Hopefully, there wouldn't be any anti-climatic tragedies for the Kuramas. I still felt that BLACK RX's killing of the Sahara couple was rather random. BLACK RX was supposed to be Lighter and Softer so why insert a forced tragedy? Sure, I enjoyed BLACK RX but I felt killing the Saharas was stupid. I hope that Papa Kurama and Mama Kurama don't get anti-climatically killed for the finale arc. I still want to see them reconciled. Still, the fact that Shinji's character Naoto died in Timeranger being shot by a FOOT SOLDIER FROM A DISTANCE feels rather weird. Yasuko Kobayashi sure pulled an Inoue on that! I'm not sure what Yuya Takahashi has plans for the Kurama parents. 

Comments