"Bad And Crazy" Is One Crazy, But NOT Bad, Korean Drama


I guess I'm now a sucker for cop drama, right? After the love story genre, I felt that legal drama can be more interesting. Though, there will be some bad eggs like how I dropped Somebody because of how boring it can get. Yeah, I dropped Squid Game but because of the annoying "main hero". I decided to watch Bad and Crazy which is crazy but definitely not bad. In fact, it's more than not bad. It's kind of good especially with the choreography, action, and the gray morality of some people. 

I was reminded of the time I watched the Taiwanese cop series, Black and White. Black and White did have Vic Zhou with a vague morality of a police officer. Here, actor Lee Dong Wook, who's as old as Vic, while this place took place in 2021. Dong Wook's character is named Ryu Soo Yeol whose birth name was In Jae Hui. Soo Yeol is pretty much an ambitious cop who has corrupt tendencies. Black and White also had Vic's character of Chen Zaitian as a cop of vague morality. I'm reminded of some roles Andy Lau took as a morally gray cop. In the case of Soo Yeol, he tends to overlook ethics in his ambition while not being in the territory of evil.

The series has some comedic moments. The vigilante known as K (acted by Wa Ji Hoon) appears. Ji Hoon is 10 years younger than Dong Wook. I guess it makes sense for a senior detective and the youngster to be played by these people. Meanwhile, we have Lee Hui Gyeom (acted by Han Ji Eun). I really am surprised to find Ji Eun is actually in her 30s. Are people now starting to age slower? Will some of today's youth live to be active centenarians? Hui Gyeom herself is from a wealthy family but is considered a black sheep. Oh boy, I guess some wealth family are overly focused on business, right? I like Hyui Gyeon's role as the on'off girlfriend of the main protagonist.

The series does involve a lot of mysteries. It's really not easy to talk about them without dwelling into Spoiler Alert. Jung Sung Il plays the villain Shin Ju Hyeok. Ju Hyeok plays a therapist who has been puppeteering Seo Yeol since his youth;. It gets really more exciting when mysteries pop out. It also tries to explain that K, who is dubbed Krazy with a K, is practically angry with a lot of characters. Yes, K is acting krazy and the statement means more than crazy. Johnny Cage did popularize that line in Mortal Kombat 9's story mode. The series ends up progressing with more dynamic. In fact, it's very difficult to put down even when I do need some sleep.

Overall, it's another good Korean crime series to watch. Meanwhile, I think Japan has a fair share of crime series too. You might want to watch Crisis Special Security Squad. I think the Japanese influence here is very strong. Exaggerated action, Anime-style humor, and really serious moments. I hope this series will trigger Japan to release more of its entertainment for the world.

Comments