Did Studio Dragon Catch Wind Of The Vizconde Massacre Trial While Working On "Lawless Lawyer"?

 

Some works of fiction can be used as an eye-opener. I remembered watching Lawless Lawyer and my mind warped back to the Vizconde Massacre. Yes, it turns out that Hubert Webb was innocent. One thing I never realized was how Judge Cha Moon Sook's actress, Lee Hye Young (who was also Jun Pyo's mother in that abomination called Boys Over Flowers) looks a bit like retired judge Amelita G. Tolentino. Yes, Tolentino the very person who presided over the Vizconde Trial. I think Hye Young is a nice person in real life. I heard she had a blast doing her role as a wicked judge. 

I have a feeling that Studio Dragon caught wind of the Vizconde Massacre case. Maybe, it's no coincidence that Hye Young was chosen for the role. I bet after many auditions - Hye Young makes a terrifying character real. I bet that during the filming - I guess cast members may have joked, "She looks like you!" to Hye Young. Maybe, the directors had a photograph of Tolentino. Behind the scenes, Hye Young was practically looked upon as a role model when she studied her character and did her best to make the wicked witch so real. 

The character Judge Cha is a judge with GOOD PUBLICITY. The character of Judge Cha wanted to become the next chief justice. Tolentino wanted to get a position in the Court of Appeals. The Vizconde Massacre case revealed the judge to be a very evil person. It turns out that for 18 years (or possibly more) that Judge Cha had been holding rigged trials, ordering the brutal deaths of people no longer of use to her, and how she practically was power-hungry while maintaining a good public persona. I could imagine how Hye Young probably studied more than her character. Hye Young may have actually studied Tolentino's character based on what she gathered. Who knows maybe Hye Young insisted on getting the part because she looks like Tolentino!



The ending of Lawless Lawyer felt like what should've happened to Tolentino. The final episode revealed the many crimes committed by Judge Cha to get where she was. Rigged trials, corrupt charity foundations, and assassinating her own accomplices to clean her tracks. I felt it was so unfair that Tolentino managed to retire and is probably enjoying life somewhere. It was satisfying to see Judge Cha arrested in her own home. It was satisfying to see Judge Cha drop so low thinking she was never wrong or unbiased. I felt like the protagonists should've punched the bitch. Still, why slap Hye Young (a really nice person) when that punch should've been reserved for Tolentino herself? I felt like maybe it's for the best the protagonists decided to treat her with decency to avoid stooping down to her level. 

This series even made me speculate what if Tolentino (SIC) masterminded the Vizconde Massacres in the first place? What if Tolentino decided to kill the Vizcondes because they may have known her dirty she was and may have been called to witness against her? Again, that's just speculation after I watched Lawless Lawyer. It's too bad the series never made references to Jessica Alfaro or Hubert. I could imagine Hubert might be watching the series years after he was rightfully released. I could imagine though what if Tolentino might be biting her fingernails now if she ever watched the series. I could think how Tolentino might be screaming in her residence like Judge Cha was after her crimes got exposed. 

Comments