The Military Drama Of "Military Prosecutor Doberman"

 
I decided to first slow watch Military Prosecutor Doberman but ended up watching BINGE-WATCHING IT at the final moments. I'd say that it has a strong cast playing the characters. There's also pretty much some good stories, good villains to hate to the end of the show, and a series of mysteries. 

Ahn Bo Hyun who played the obnoxious brat Jang Geun Won from Itaewon Class shows his ability to become good guy Do Bae Man. I guess it's all about the make-up on set that made Bo Hyun look EVIL in one side and good in here. I must admit that Coconuts Martin is still getting another beating. It's because the show aired in early 2022 and ended as scheduled. I love how Bo Hyun totally made me forget he was the evil Geun Won... or not. Bo Hyun's acting is superb making me feel the good guy he's asked to play. Though, I'd want to see Bo Hyun play more villain roles soon.

Actress Jo Bo Ah kinda reminds me of Kazusa Okuyama. Heck, she poses the same hairstyle that Kazusa had in her guest role in Kamen Rider Revice. I really think how Bo Ah, like Kazusa, isn't all that pretty BUT her moves are amazing. She carries her role as Cha Woo In (who's also Red-Haired Girl) with much professionalism. Okay, did she have to go that far as to cut a criminal's finger? Well, good thing that the mutilated hand wasn't shown. Still, any victim of injustice can go that far.


Oh Yeon SOO (not Yeon SEO) plays as the despicably evil Noh Hwa Young. Being the first female something isn't always impressive IF that woman did something evil to get where she did. Maybe, one can remember in history of the wicked Athaliah, daughter of Ahab and Jezebel. Athaliah murdered how OWN FAMILY to hold into power. You have also have Bloody Mary of England. Yup, some women can be so ferociously cruel. Hwa Young, for some reason, mothered a child Noh Tae Nam. It seems Tae Nam was either conceived from an illicit relationship (father isn't mentioned) or that Hwa Young is a divorcee and lets her son carry her surname instead. She appears to be a woman of good conduct but watch out - she's a despicable BITCH. Yeon Soo truly makes a fearsome character come to life. She does a lot of questionable stuff for power. Plus, she's been responsible behind many things though some are rather predictable. I love how Yeon Soo practically dominates even the male villains with her strong presence.

The show also had one notoriously gruesome incident. We have Kim Yo Han playing as Private Pyun Sang Ho. The shooting incident was kind of unbelievable but we know things happen, right? I think I still feel like I want to justify the gruesome act he did. Sergeant Ma is a TERRIBLE BULLY. It's heartbreaking to see Sang Ho get the maximum penalty for the genocide. However, we have the incident that LED TO IT namely military bullying. Just thinking how Hwa Young tries to cover things up is something. This leads to the more thought-provoking part that led me to binge watch it. Though, I wonder if Sang Ho could be charged with manslaughter instead of murder. It's because Sang Ho killed because he SNAPPED. I feel manslaughter, not murder, should've been the charge.

There's a lot of thought-provoking things. I still feel it takes guts to write about this one. Hwa Young shows herself to be frighteningly evil while putting a facade. I love how Bae Man and Woo In both had bad starts in the series. Bae Man just wanted to get fame. Meanwhile, Woo In is obsessed with revenge but sees the error of her ways. The drama explores human flaws a lot. I really suggest giving this KDrama a watch if you'd like some crazy action with thought-provoking scenarios. 

Comments