Now Watching "Military Prosecutor Doberman"

After Cafe Minamdang ended - I wondered what law and order type of K-Drama (my latest obsession) will I watch. I've tried investigation series, police series, courtroom series, and now this is rather new to me - a military prosecution series. I really missed that this aired during the first half of 2022. I decided to watch it after checking out other series like Doctor Prisoner - something that's been more worth watching than the Taiwan drama series The Hospital. This one may feature some romance, action, and characterization. This drama really calls itself Military Prosecutor Doberman. The protagonist is called Do Bae-Man. Hmmm... sounds weird huh?

I remembered seeing Ahn Bo Hyun as the smug villain Jang Geun-Wo. I enjoyed how Bo Hyun portrayed himself as a very hateful protagonist. Here, Bo Hyun shows that he can also play good guy roles well. I have the same feeling when I saw Park Sung Hoon as the secondary villain in Justice and became a secondary lead in Memorials. A good actor or actress can make you hate their villains, make the villain popular, and you really rejoice when the villain meets his or her fall. Bo Hyun's role as Bae-Man is something. Bae-Man seeks wealth and fortune. However, Bae-Man has a journey that slowly deviates from his bad start.

Meanwhile, Jo Bo Ah plays as the possible love interest Cha Woo In. I really LOVE to think how Korean chicks look harmless but can kick ass. The graceful action scenes from the flashbacks to the present are also good. I guess it's only good that she works wtih Bo Hyun - a guy with really good acting skills AND badass moves. Woo In is from a chaebol family then became a military prosecutor for revenge. In short, she's really no better than Bo Hyun who has selfish motives.

The real issue is evils within the military. I haven't watched any Korean military drama yet except Descendants of the Sun. In this one, I expect more action and less romance. It reminded me of how Pride and Prejudice managed to focus more on the ongoing case than the romance between prosecutors. There's some crazy action here and there. There's some comic action. There's some over-the-top action. I think I'm going to enjoy catching up on this one!

Comments