Military Police Doberman: Sympathy For Mass Shooter, Pyun Sang Hoo?


If there was any scene that I felt was SO SATISFYING to watch - it's when Supervisor Pyun Sang Hoo HAD ENOUGH of Sergeant Ma's bullying. I really felt that those bullies HAD IT COMING. Though, I felt that the writer Yoon Hyun Mo wanted to maximize shock value. Did the screenwriter want to give a sense of shock after all the predictability of that witch No Hwa Young did to get her way? The amputated leg and the fake suicide? You could expect it was Hwa Young's doing! The murder of Bae Man's parents? Again, you can guess it - Hwa Young. I guess Hwa Young's just too predictable that shock value was needed.

WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD!

Sang Hoo looks rather harmless. That's why Sergeant Ma and his goons keep bullying the poor fellow. Overweight, poor eyesight - we know how Sergeant Ma could be such a douche. However, episodes 13-14 were what made me binge-watch it. The shocking scene when Sang Ho had ENOUGH, pick a rifle, and start a mass genocide that ended the lives of 13 cadets in the military. Seeing Sang Hoo beat up Sergeant Ma was OH SO SATISFYING. Seeing the surviving bullies getting severe wounds was more satisfying. In fact, I feel Sang Hoo's going berserk and desire to MURDER Sergeant Ma To do so, Sang Hoo shoots one after the other. Heck, Sang Hoo even used a grenade to kill multiple people.

I was thinking about the courtroom procedure. Was it fair for Cha Woo In to request for Sang Hoo's death penalty? Also, No Tae Nam is a screwed-up guy thanks to his DYSFUNCTIONAL MOTHER Hwa Young. I guess Hwa Young couldn't disclose the circumstances that led to his birth. Tae Nam did get involved in filming a molesting scene earlier on. I guess Tae Nam probably screwed some man and had to live with the consequences. I admire how Tae Nam did eventually admit that there was BULLYING. Yet, should a bully victim who has been bullied get the MAXIMUM SENTENCE? I think what Sang Hoo did was at the HEAT OF PASSION. I doubt it was premeditated either. Sang Hoo did apologize for his murder and accepted the death penalty. But should Sang Hoo get the death penalty? That's one question I asked myself even if I'm no law student.

I think Sang Hoo already had mental problems which led to the mass shooting. Those bullies really HAD IT COMING when he SHOT THEM. I love how the surviving bullies are going to jail while still recovering from the massacre wounds. What I wanted to happen was that Sang Hoo get a lesser sentence. What I want to see next are the bullies all get the DEATH PENALTY along with Hwa Young. Too bad we never saw the bullies for Hwa Young get executed on-screen. 

Comments