"Cafe Minamdang" Ends A Few Days Before Ghost Month 2022 Ends This Friday

ZAPZEE

Cafe Minamdang finally ended and with a good note. I really felt that it was worth it NOT watching the final three weeks of Ang Probinsyano aka The Misadventures of Cardo Dalisay. The last three weeks for this episode provided some good buildup (though I'd say I've seen better ones in lighter crime drama such as how Pride and Prejudice had it better IMHO). The whole turning point of unpredictability is one thing. Other things are too predictable.

I think it's interesting to see how the real villain is PROSECUTOR CHA DO WON. I tend to enjoy it when an antagonist is someone who holds a legal job and abuses his position. Prosecutor Cha feels like the villain of the first season of Voice. Cafe Minamdang may be considerably lighter but there's still some degree of graphic violence involved. Prosecutor Cha is no different from the villainous CEO Mo Tae Gu from the first season of Voice. Prosecutor Cha, like CEO Mo, really thinks that his crimes are perfectly justified before the eyes of the law. However, Prosecutor Cha manages to survive (for now) as far as series continuity is concerned. 

The show tends to use comic relief to Anime-ish extent. There's the fake performance that really makes you think, "Are the villains stupid enough to fall for it?" Well, not Prosecutor Cha. I think it could work better if Prosecutor Cha weren't all too serious. Though, I feel like the scary character of Prosecutor Cha was done on purpose to balance things out. Prosecutor Cha was the one who really killed Han Jae Hee's deceased brother. I'm not too surprised at the scene where Nam Han Joon gets all too dramatic under the rain.

I think the show wants us to question our morals. If I do this will I be any better than the criminals I hate? That's what makes Prosecutor Cha a menace - he has become no better than the people he hates. Prosecutor Cha deludes himself as some kind of hero. However, Professor Cha is a false hero and a mole. The comedy is kept to a minimum, there's the right amount of serious scenes, and there's really some thought-provoking scenes too. 

Comments