Skip to main content

This Week's "Cafe Minamdang" Makes Me Further Wish My Wacky Wishful Casting Happened

EpicStream

I was looking into Cafe Minamdang. Okay, I'm still fine with the cast but I felt some scenes would've been "better" or "funnier" if some selected members of the cast of Justice were playing the roles. I would actually think about the weird scenes that happened. I'd be naming what I felt could've been funnier if these guys took the roles instead.


The most obvious has to be that I actually want Choi Jin Hyuk and Jin A Nana to portray the contrasting rivals. They did that in Justice where Nana wants justice to prevail while Jin Hyuk gets corrupted by his desire for revenge. They could've done a funnier job as Nam Han Joon (a fallen profiler turned "shaman") and Han Jae Hee. I kinda wanted to see Jin Hyuk kiss Nana on-screen. Besides, I felt that there was an opportunity to turn it into a Beauty and the Beast mixed with detective action. Anybody who saw the 1987 TV series of the same name might be able to relate.

IMDB

For a start, I think Jin Hyuk's face might fit the face of the profiler turned "shaman". I did watch him in Pride and Prejudice where he had some funny moments while serious moments kicked in rather perfectly. I'm not saying Seo In Guk is bad. I just felt Jin Hyuk probably could've been funnier playing the fallen profiler. Jin Hyuk is a good actor and he has a funny face to accompany him. I think his not being good-looking and muscular works that charm. 

KDrama Stars

After watching Memorials, Park Sung Hoon could ideally be Jin Hyuk's dumb sidekick Gong Su Cheol. He only looked evil in Justice due to his makeup. In Memorials, he's that all-around good guy. I think the moment when Han Joon kisses Jae Hee could be an excellent opportunity to make him funnier. He's worked with Jin Hyuk in Justice and worked with Nana twice because of Memorials. Sung Hoon was able to play a sex pervert and a nice guy. I can't imagine why he can't play as the dumb sidekick. It'd be fun to see him battered up by Nana yet again.

Twitter

I think Oh Yeon Seo's acting is too good for the sideline. At least, Yeon Seo had a major focus on Korean Odyssey and My Sassy Girl period drama. That's why I wanted to switch to Nana because of how Jae Hee doesn't appear until several minutes later in the TV series. Besides, Jae Hee is just an extra character. Nana's not that good with the major roles (such as Memorials) but she plays sideline characters such as in Kill It and Justice rather well. I guess Jin Hyuk praising her acting in Justice was fine. Nana did well for a sideline but just falls short (in some way) when she's given the main character. Yeon Seo does better with main characters than Nana does. That's why I wanted to pick Nana for that reason aside from wanting to see her and Jin Hyuk get flirty.

_______

Just my two cents of insanity! 

Comments