Cafe Minamdang Wacky Wishful Casting

Soompi

I was watching Cafe Minamdang this week and I felt that Netflix may have missed a good opportunity. The story involves a former champion of justice gone rogue and a righteous woman in the law. This really reminds me of one of my favorite suspense K-Dramas called Justice which I felt had more or less the same situation. I wanted to watch Hometown but I feel like my current state (colds and cough) should make me watch something lighter instead. I enjoy watching suspense dramas which make me think hard and do RESEARCH. Though, this one, like Lawless Lawyer, seems to combine serious and comedic elements. 

So, I felt that the cast of Justice should've made a return in a more comedic manner...

Soompi

A crazy thought that came into my head is that I might get five people out of Justice and into Cafe Minamdang. That is we could have a trio of swindlers where Choi Jin Hyuk, Park Sung Hoon (who was rather funny in Memorials after playing such a devious villain), and Ji Hye Won could've formed the trio of Cafe Minanmang. So, how would I cast who as who? I think there would be interesting roles that would make things look awkward.

I could imagine what if Jin Hyuk and Sung Hoon were allies. Ony this time, Jin Hyuk is the fallen profiler turned swindler Nam Han Joon. Han Joon, like Atty. Lee Tae Kyung in Justice is a man who falls into the wrong side of the law. I could imagine what if Sung Hoon and Ji Hye Won were no longer enemies but were constantly scheming something stupidJust seeing Sung Hoon as an all-around good guy in Memorials did work its charm. Sung Hoon only looked evil because of the make-up. Outside that, Sung Hoon's face makes him look like just your average good guy you want to hang out with. I think it'd be funny to have these two constantly beaten up by Jin A Nana.

Okay, I've already brought up MANY TIMES how I think Nana's acting isn't all that spectacular. The way Jin Hyuk praises her though is something. Oh Yeon Seo's pretty good and she's tough too. Seeing Yeon Seo in Hwayugi or in My Sassy Girl reveals she's tougher than she looks. Maybe, that's why Yeon Seo gets cast into such roles - she is TOUGHER than she looks. Meanwhile, Nana does have that tough girl image like Catwoman would in Batman. Though, I felt casting her as Han Jae-Hee might be better because of her taekwondo expertise. Yeon Seo did fight, I think Yeon Seo is a better actress. I felt like comparing Yeon Seo to French actress Laure Marsac - both are not-so-attractive but deliver a strong performance. Meanwhile, Nana doesn't seem to be too strong herself but I think she's better at fighting. 

I think it'd be funny to see Nana actually beat up Jin Hyuk. Han Joon obviously lusts after Jae Hee. I think Jin Hyuk could display a funnier face while admiring Nana's movies. I think it'd be funny if Nana actually gets determined to ARREST Jin Hyuk since day one. I could imagine how it'd be funny if Jin Hyuk and Nana both get into arguments a lot. Justice presented a serious side with both characters. I don't see any reason why these two shouldn't be in Cafe Minamdang. Like, we did have a reunion series between Suzy Bae and Lee Seung Gi in Vagabond (which needs a special movie to wrap it up), right? 

Comments