Just Finished "Who Rules The World" (Some Spoilers)

SinergiaNews


Who Rules the World just finished and I managed to wrap it up already. I actually got myself caught into how Yang Yang went from acting out a CGI image to this Wuxia role. The inter-clan wars and political marriages tend to summarize how the Yong State and Qing State may have this romance. Feng Lanxi (also known as Hei Fengxi) is the founder of Fountain Abode and the Second Prince of Yong State. Feng Xiyun (also known as Bai Fengxi) is a disciple of Tian Shuang Sect and Princess (and later ruler) of Qing State. Added is Huang Chao (Lai Yi) who is the Prince of Ji State and future emperor of China.

There were some stories in Chinese folklore that try to show women can also do something great. Who could forget the legend of of Hua Mulan which has so many versions it's hard to keep track? Well, not that I'm endorsing the Mulan (2021) movie and would say you're better off watching Mulan (2009) which is basically an adult version of the Disney cartoon. Actress Zhao Su Li shows just how versatile she is acting as a great woman warrior. 

I think one of the best plots is one of the Soultaker Sect. Is it me or is it a Wuxia stape where there's someone working behind the shadows? Cheu Muyang acts as the unnamed leader of the Soultaker Sect. What's truly amazing is that Yu Wuyuan (Zhang Haowei) is the true antagonist. Wuyuan acts all decent and kind but scenes start to imply that he's actually Wicked Cultured and Wicked Pretentious type of villain. I really just enjoy how his true colors unfold showing the kind of person he is. Wuyuan tries to justify all his evils, plays the victim, and turns out no better than the person who massacred his clan. 

The series is 40 episodes long with the usual "too insane to be true" martial arts. I find myself getting distant with new unfamiliar faces except for Yang Yang. Yang Yang was introduced to me in Love O2O and King's Avatar. Seeing him here act again gave me a sense of familiarity. Meanwhile, trying to return to my ancestral roots (which were desecrated by a baldy man's Cultural Revolution) is harder than expected. I'd still recommend this for standard Chinese love stories. 

Comments