"Light The Night's" Finale (Spoilers Ahead)

 


SpikyTV


I guess the series just kept us guessing, right? I finally got the chance to finish it after some busy nights. I was right that the killer was HANA (Esther Liu) BUT there's a twist - it was more of voluntary manslaughter than murder. Manslaughter is when one kills out of the heat of passion and that's what Hana did twice in the story. Hana had one against a client who used her and another against Sue after some unfortunate insanity attack. Hana ends up planning to hand herself over but her lover commits murder (towards a character named Chiang An) to protect her. 

The whole psychological thriller for me just didn't match up to what I wanted. I guess I was too used to how Victim's Game rolled out. I was expecting some real murder scheme. Instead, it was the anti-climatic manslaughter where Hana decides to hand herself to the authorities after what she did. I really still think that the finale wasn't worth too much of the wait. I was expecting something grand or what? I still feel the ending isn't too satisfactory either. I think Rose was probably all too willing to forgive the manslaughter though as to allow Hana one more night before she hands herself over.

My feelings are mixed right now. I guess it's also because the whole story was based on hostesses or an unconventional plot twist. I just feel the whole thing wasn't worth my rewatch except for the eye candy. Check it out if you want. However, I'd like to say it wasn't worth m wait after enjoying the first and second portions. It just felt the plot twist of it being manslaughter all along was anti-climatic. I could just accept the anticlimatic end IF it were a true story. In this case, it's a work of fiction. 

Comments