Wishful Casting: Wu Yingxiong For "Black And White"

 

While checking out Netflix - I decided to do some old school rewatching even if some newer drama such as Doctor Prisoner are still available. I do feel like I want to watch another Korean crime drama. However, I decided to rewatch Black and White which is my favorite F4 series of all time. I'm now currenlty watching The Hospital (White Tower) which starred Jerry Yan as a doctor along with Doctor Prisoner. Now, you may notice that certain cast members in The Hospital were given roles in Black and White. The one most noticeable is Janine Chang who played a medical role in both series. Vic Chou starred as the anti-hero Chen Zaitien. Now, I felt somebody should've played as Wu Yingxiong. 

I thought Jerry Yan should've been Yingxiong instead of Mark Chao. Mark's able to do well as the hot-headed cop. Though, Meteor Garden tells you that both Jerry and Vic are good at playing clashing characters. Yingxiong pretty much feels like what if Daoming Si became a police officer instead of a rich spoiled brat. Yingxiong believed in a tough law enforcement and acts so rashly. Many times, Yingxiong berates Zaitien which made me wish Jerry were the one berating Vic. Jerry and Vic both punched each other in certain scenes in Meteor Garden. Now, I think the two could've done well as a dynamic cop duo.

I think Yingxiong's emotional conflict as well as his "no nonsense style" could've been portrayed by Jerry. Though, another reason why I felt Jerry should've been Yingxiong is the return of Janine. Janine was his former love interest in The Hospital. Janine was later Mark's supposed love interest known as C-Yin. I think Jerry and Janine working together as a team yet again would've been pretty much welcome. I ruled out Vanness Wu thinking he's not strong enough. Mark is strong but strong enough too.

Sigh, I just felt that it was another missed opportunity. The two displayed conflict in Meteor Garden. I wouldn't mind them displaying conflict again. This was something I wanted to write more than a decade ago but just didn't want to write it immediately either. 

Comments