"Doctor Prisoner" Is One Huge Medical Conspiracy Drama

 
I remembered sorting through Netflix wondering what's the next Korean drama I'd be watching. Sure, I did watch Black and White and I'm trying to finish The Hospital for nostalgic reasons - all before F4 finally split like any other band. Instead, I decided to watch Doctor Prisoner which is a thriller medical drama. This one really was too interesting to watch that binge-watching it was definitely there!

The story involves Dr. Na Ji Ye (Namnoong Kim) - a doctor who gets falsely accused of medical malpractice. This results in Dr. Na getting into the job of a prison doctor. The Taegang family gets so much power from the chemical firm to the hospital. This also involves the troublemaker Lee Jae Hwan (Park Eun Seok) who is but the son of a second marriage. I admit that Eun Seok really knows how to play the troublemaker well. The ongoing feud between Dr. Na and Jae Hwan really gets so well-portrayed. The beginning even has a severe car crash scene caused by Jae Hwan's rather rage-filled behavior towards a couple expecting a baby.

My poor excuse to watch the show is KWON NARA. Yup, I remembered how I ended up watching Suspicious Partner because of her. Ironic how I ditched wokedom Itaewon Class even if she was around. Nara herself manages to present an aura that I could take more seriously than Erika Toda. Although Nara looks like Erika - I think she doesn't have that cute image attached to her. Instead, Nara can be rather fierce when needed. Erika does know how to fight but tends to appear too cute. Nara knows how to project fierceness as this drama shows. 

The way the show progresses shows how things aren't always as they seem. Besides, there's a lot of interesting developments that can't be easily discussed since they're SPOILER territory. I suggest giving this KDrama a watch if you want to check out a medical drama without getting too focused on the hospital. A mixture of legal terms and medical terms may remind some of Love Story in Harvard. However, this is suspense and just watch it with discretion due to the amount of blood shown with its rather high rating. 

Comments