Waiting For "Light The Night" Season 3 And My Thoughts On The Ongoing Series

SpikyTV

I would admit that I had no idea on what I wanted to write after the damage of the typhoon. Well, I'm practically a bit back now but it's not going to be easy. So far, I was able to to finally watch Light the Night which now had its two seasons both on a cliffhanger. I decided to binge-watch whenever I could which still led to another cliffhanger. One must ask, "Who killed Sue?" Cheryl Yang plays as Sue who was killed and she was among the 2000s Taiwanese actresses. Ruby Lin, who is in her 40s, (and still looking good even after being a mother of two) also stars as the head of the Japanese nightclub set in 1980s Taiwan and is set as the main character. 

Watching it made me think about how Sue's death was probably motivated. What was the motive? Who killed her? There are some who believe that Rose (Ruby Lin) is the killer of Sue. Rose is the lead of the Japanese nightclub Hikari and a divorced mother. I was thinking about all the possible killers. It's really hard to figure out (for now) though some think Rose killed Sue to take over the club. Ruby, after all, was the main antagonist of Victim's Game. Ruby made a good impression as a sinister and delusional woman in Victim's Game. So, I can't discount Ruby's role either.

This made me think about how the setting fit with the bad stereotype against Taiwanese women back then. A bit of historical research might help you understand this work of fiction. Prostitution was a rampant problem in Taiwan in one way or another. After the Postwar National Government - there was soon a rapid industrialization of Taiwan. You may even think about the 1980s to which the fictional series is set. In the 1980s, Taiwan actually had the campaign to rescue Taiwanese aborigine women from prostitution. In here, some poorer girls who came from the province joined into the prostitution business. Esther Liu (Hana and the show's eye candy) and Puff Kuo (Aiko) were both from such backgrounds. 

It would be interesting how Wallace Huo shows up late in the series as a bad guy. Wallace did have some awkward moments in 100% Senorita but got better after that. I think it's awkward after Wallace tries to beat up Ruby on-screen while they're actually married in real life. Wallace and Ruby did have a project together in Sound of Colors then they ended up marrying in 2016. I think the two really have a dynamic presence as people in their 40s. Ruby and Wallace manage to make us forget they're actually a loving couple in real life whenever Wallace acts as the smug and arrogant Tien Hua, a notorious gangster.

Hopefully, the third season will be out. I really can't even guess the killer. Right now, my random guess could be Hana only because of Scream 4 where Emma Roberts acted as the main villain. Still, I wonder if Rose is truly the killer considering Ruby was the villain in Victim's Game. But we are still guessing right now, right? 

Comments