Kamen Rider Revice: The Siblings That Fight Together, Stay Together

I decided to do some binge-watching of the latest episodes of Kamen Rider Revice. One good reason why I haven't done episodes is because I'm also trying to watch some other shows on Netflix. Currently, I'm watching Light the Night (Taiwanese series) and I'm trying to enjoy the reality TV show New World which has South Korea celebrities on an island resort. I'll give another random drop thought on the idea of Revice - it turns out that the family that fights together, stays together! It's pretty much like how Fiveman, GoGoFive, and Magiranger were all sibling Super Sentai entries. 

The first plot with the siblings is Daiji's jealousy of his older brother Ikki. Daiji produces an inner demon known as Kagero - born out of resentment for his older brother. Kagero was defeated allowing Ikki to transform into Live without a demon. The arc built on Daiji was talking about the power of the sibling bond. Ikki wasn't qualified at first but proved he too could fight with his brotyher.

Female Kamen Riders tend to be a rarer thing than female Sentai rangers, huh? For some reason, I think Kamen Rider tends to treat heroines more as moral support such as the cheerleader that lifts up the battered hero's spirits. Sakura herself is Kamen Rider Jeannie and she has a rather cute cobra plushie know as Lovekov. There were female Kamen Riders for a few instances. I'm glad the idea is getting utilized again. Sakura's being a karateka surely fits well into the role as much as Yua's being a police officer.

Right now, I can't wait to see how these three siblings will eventually pull things out together! 

Comments