Just Finished Watching "Lawless Lawyer"


Well, if you're not too surprised that I'm no longer posting Kamen Rider updates - I'm already thinking of already even putting Toku on a lower priority. Now, I decided to finish watching Lawless Lawyer ASAP to which I couldn't put it down because of how it manages to craft itself. I was thinking of the romance/legal thriller genre. I was thinking about how the cast that lacks in looks makes up for their ability to carry it. Lee Jun Gi (My Girl) makes it into coupling with Seo Yea Ji (It's Okay Not to Be Okay) to carry out the thriller that focuses more on the case than the romance. 


I could remember Choi Min Soo starring in Pride and Prejudice alongside Choi Jin Hyuk and Baek Jin Hee (who freaking looks like Mika Katsumura). The first time I saw him - he was that Large Ham of a Jerk with a Heart of Gold. Here, he's a Large Ham ruthless gangster of a mayor. It was fun to see how this villain was involved with several corruption charges, he's obviously sleazy, yet the townsfolk all like him for his charisma. The actor manages to display his flexibility from the Jerk with a Heart of Gold head of a law firm to a downright evil mayor. His large build really makes me think twice if I want to challenge him a fight! Hmmm... maybe it'd be good to rename this villain, Antonio Ahn, after the late criminal, Antonio Sanchez.


Now, I could remember how often I showed my disgust toward Boys Over Flowers. For me, Lee Hye Young here manages to redeem herself since she's able to play as Judge Amelita Tolentino Judge Cha Moon Sook with much finesse. She does have that face that looks like a cobra. I guess she was chosen for the role to portray the role of a treacherous snake - her character is A SNAKE. Though, I wanted a more gentle-looking actress since Judge Cha is supposedly a beloved judge. I wonder if the director Kim Jin Min himself actually knew of the Vizconde Massacre trial before casting Hye Young. I mean, the actress does resemble Amelita! Amelita was a very biased judge loved by many and was aspiring for a promotion. Judge Cha was also aiming to become chief justice. Okay, if a Filipino dub will happen with names changed - kindly please rename Judge Cha Moon Sook as Judge Amelita Cha! If ABS-CBN decides to air it then why not get Lorna Tolentino to voice her to add insult to injury?

The plot thickens with this and that. There are various mysteries such as how Judge Cha manages to appear so righteous when she's actually power-hungry. The weaving of the 18 years ago incident creates a layer of complexity that would make you want to see more of it until you reach the final episode. For me, I think four more episodes were needed to further develop the show. Also, the ending seemed to suggest that we might see a second season but it's unlikely. 

Comments