Just Finished Watching "Beyond Evil"

I guess I've become a sucker for police-type drama, right? While I decided not to pursue the dangerous career of criminology - I always find it fascinating when I pretend I'm either a cop hunting down a dangerous criminal or that I'm a dangerous gang leader and weird stories are born. I decided to watch Beyond Evil which has a series of mysteries (and a LOT of spoilers) especially with dealing with a serial killer. 

The story has Sgt. Lee Dong Sik (Shin Ha Kyun) is now demoted to doing all menial and tedious tasks. Meanwhile, Dong Sik faces off against his partner Han Joo Won (Yeo Jin Goo) who is accused of being a part of a serial killing. The mysteries behind the serial killing are thrilling. Severed fingers? Fortunately, we don't see the very act of doing it. I'm just reminded of Robert G. Durant from Darkman who would cut off the fingers of his victims when he's really pissed. Whoever makes a living also collecting human body parts is just plain sick.

What really entertained me was the tensions between Dong Sik and Joo Won. There are also flashbacks of a woman whose fingertips are cut off (ugh) and a murder case. I really feel like why do some criminals do what they do? Are you willing to break the law to finally bring the criminal to justice? These are the dilemmas in the dark mysteries that involve a serial killer on the loose. Yes, this serial killer is a MASSIVE WALKING SPOILER. I suggest giving this a shot but if you're faint of heart then avoid! 

Comments