The Badly Written Bad Ending Of "Oh My Ladylord" VS. The Well-Written Bad Ending For "Kill It"

It's already expected that Bi Soo will die after 49 days, right? Yet, there was some teaser that he'd die after 49 years. WTF man... I thought about how badly written or how you're hopeful for a good ending the finale then poof... Bi Soo disappears as scheduled. Was Joo Jin Kook trolling the audiences with his script? Maybe yes, maybe no. But I find it distasteful to give a glimpse of hope that Bi Soo would live but no - we were trolled and then he finally DISAPPEARED.

The plot twist was that the "angel" who saved Bi Soo was his biological father. Yup, Bi Soo's father died before he was born. His mother married his stepfather. Then we see his mother die. It turns out that Bi Soo was given extra time to at least take care of his mother before she'd pass away from cancer. I'm really finding the whole thing weird. I also find the whole thing haphazardly written. Not to mention - I wonder are the producers and directors of this show simply using Jin A Nana's good looks to boost their ratings? It seems to be it! 

I was thinking that the ending could've done this. Don't give the audience false hope. I was even thinking that maybe, we could have it that Bi Soo and Joo In decide to do it before he eventually disappears. I think maybe have it that Bi Soo finally dies but leaves a child to continue his lineage. Joo In can be seen as a single mother to their child. You know stuff like that... but the ending is just so unsatisfactory due to that false hope scene. 


Though, I admit that maybe, I was too used to Kill It and how 12 episodes really were better wrapped. I can't get over the plot thickening in the show. Maybe, it was because the show didn't use Nana's physical beauty but her prowess (yes, she's a BLACKBELT so molest her at your own risk). So Hyun himself as the tragic anti-hero actually gets good development. I mean, he freaking gets an ending fit for his bloody personality and recklessness - a shower of bullets. I felt the scene had some tension with how Hyun Jin kills his own biological father (the head of the organ trade). Then Hyun Jin ends up getting shot in the process due to his crazed vigilante attitude gets him shot by the special forces. For me, this was a better way to write a bad ending. 

Then again, maybe I'm biased. Maybe, it's because I first saw Nana in Kill It and Justice. Maybe, it's because I tend to think of Nana the same way I'd think of Chinese actress Crystal Liu - a badass beauty. 

Comments