Skip to main content

Trying To Watch "Eternal Love: Ten Miles Of Peach Blossoms"

As my Super Sentai taste fatigue kicks in (and ironically, I'm still watching Kamen Rider Saber) - I feel that I might watch a couple of Chinese series (old or new) depending on my taste. So, I'm on an irregular watching of Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms which creates a weird love story. The literal Chinese title is San Sheng San Shi Shi Li Tao Hua which means Three Lives, Three Worlds, Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms. The series stars Mark Chao (who I first knew in Black and White) and Yang Mi as they face three lifetimes to which causes a lot of weird plots. Mark is known as Mo Yuan, Jin Lian, Ye Hua, and his mortal reincarnation as Zhao Ge. Yang Mi is known as Bai Qian, Si Yin, and Su Su. Different reincarnations would make a rather complex plot.


Bai Qian is a fox goddess from Qing Qiu who pretends to be a young man named Si Yin in order to come under the tutelage of Mo Yuan. Tens and thousands of years later, she is rendered powerless as a human named Su Su and falls into a sweeping romance with Yehua, the crown prince of the heavenly realm. Another chunk of time passes and Bai Qian regains her status as an immortal, meeting Yehua for the first time once more.

The cycle of reincarnation in Wuxia really would complicate the story. Reincarnation can be a plot device for many mythical stories. Granted, the Wuxia or Xianxia series can be very long and I'm also watching Vincenzo and Oh My Ladylord. So far, I've been watching it for the preposterous martial arts over the plot. So far, not much eye candy either. I might drop it or not depending on how things go with my mood. 

Comments