Skip to main content

Still Watching "Oh My Ladylord"


As said,  I decided not to do episode reviews as much as possible since I'm watching this show at my own pace along with Vincenzo, Law School, and Eternal Love: Ten Miles of Peach Blossom at my own pace. So, I tend to binge-watch the shows whenever I can. So far, I decided to watch Oh My Ladylord also at my own pace. I was thinking of the plots where Bi Soo gets into a rather friendly love triangle with Yu Jin over Joo-In. It does have some comic experiences (but not slapstick) to go along with it.

I do feel like criticizing the negative aspect of Asian culture of not being that open about one's condition. It's really a cliche in East Asian drama to hide one's condition until it's too late. I wish Bi Soo's mother would've been more open that she may die any time soon. Bi Soo realizes it but pretends not to know as not to worry his mother. Bi Soo's mother just wants to spend more time with her son but doesn't want to tell him about her cancer. Also, there's the supernatural element that Bi Soo gets saved by an angel and tells him he could die any time soon. I do feel it's out of balance if you ask me.

Maybe, I could talk about how I feel Jin A Nana is slipping off with her roles. I can't deny Nana does versatile at times. For example, she was able to do what she could in Kill It and Justice. She was able to act funny in Memorials though I feel this is a bit of a downslide. Nana seems to be wasted like how I felt Nao Nagasawa got ruined in her guest role as Lily in Kamen Rider W. Though, it seems Nana wasn't all too happy with two serious roles at once in 2019 with Kill It and Justice. I guess she wants to take lighter roles in contrast to her two serious roles last 2019. Though I'm afraid this series seems to be capitalizing more on her good looks than what she could do. 

Comments