Currently Watching "Love And Redemption"

I haven't watched any of the martial arts flicks in ancient times for some time. The last one I tried watching was Once Upon a Time in Lingjian Mountain. Now, I was simply browsing through Netflix and felt I wanted another martial arts story with some romance. I could remember that I was fond of was Return of the Condor Heroes and the tragedy of Chinese Paladin. So, I decided to watch another star-crossed love story that features two sects and a forbidden romance.

The plot goes back to a thousand years before in the war between the Celestials and the Asuras (Demons). The Star of Mosha is defeated by the Celestial God of War. A thousand years later would have the plot to revive the Star of Mosha. Meanwhile, the Li Ze Sect exists as an ascetic clan. The main hero, Yu Si Feng (Cheng Yi) falls in love with Chu Xuan Ji (Yuan Bing Yan) who is from the Shaoyang Sect and born without the six senses. The ascetic Li Ze clan does hold a dark secret about the clan leader and the leading man. 

The conspiracy slowly unfolds since it's worth 59 episodes at 45 minutes running time. For me, I think I might decide to sit through it since it does feel a bit interesting. Though don't expect me to do episode reviews. I'm thinking about watching a Wuxia love story after I haven't watched one for so long. I guess it's all about missing my roots (Chinese and Filipino) even if I do appreciate and accept other people's cultures. 

Comments