Currently Watching "Tunnel" K-Drama


I admit that I was more into the realistic fiction in K-Drama. It's because I wanted to learn about the world of criminology without having to get a degree to know about it! I was having a struggle with what I wanted to watch. There's some interesting K-Drama on the top ten of Netflix. I even think I might watch some J-Drama such as Emergency Interrogation Room or Border. There's also some horror-fiction such as Alice in Borderland from Japan or Uncanny Encounter and Sweet Home from South Korea. So, I thought that my recent obsession with police drama while desiring something obviously fictional has kicked in. So, I did watch Rugal which actually could've been better. So, I decided to give Tunnel a shot after several choices on Netflix. Yup, I might also decide to do the same with Zenkaiger because I may want to focus on other stuff. 

Tunnel's storyline takes place in 1986 and 2016. The story has a detective named Park Kwang Ho (Choi Jin Hyuk) who gets transported 30 years into the future. It's a really weird twist that Kwang Ho has been trying to arrest a serial killer who targets women. Kwang Ho arrives in 2006 and finds out how much the world has changed in 30 YEARS. What Kwang Ho doesn't even realize is that he's become a Supernaturally Young Parent. It's because Kwang Ho ends up meeting his daughter Shin Jae Yi (acted by Lee Yoo-young) now using her mother's surname. It's possible that time travel has caused a great ripple effect 30 years ago. Without Kwang Ho raising his daughter, his wife probably assuming he's dead, and now it's time for Jae Yi to use her mother's surname over her father's. They meet but he doesn't know yet that the woman who paid for his taxi fare is his OWN DAUGHTER in 2016. Talk about stupid when you're forced to interact with a child who's your age. I'd want to see how awkward it would be to have a forensic files type of drama with ALL the crazy time travel involved. But at least it's not 1,000 years apart like in Mirai Sentai Timeranger

Am I going to watch this with several series that may catch my fancy or not? Granted, the digital age was still in its infancy back then. I remembered the time when I watched several series together while I was in college. It was easier to do so when choices were more limited. I could remember watching several shows simultaneously. Now, it doesn't seem to be the case with SO MUCH to choose from at once. I was thinking that it can be more fun watching one show that's already done at a time. Though, I might decide to break that since I'm NOT doing episode reviews of older shows. A bit of a spoiler is that I've resumed watching Kamen Rider Saber BUT I decided to finally stop doing episode reviews of it. It's because I'm watching Saber at my own pace. Yes, I'm thinking about no longer doing episode reviews of Saber while I may drop random thoughts. It's all because blogging is just a hobby and it should stay that way for me. 

Comments