Currently Watching "Partners For Justice"

 
Is it me or do I have now an obsession with K-Drama under the law and order genre? I did enjoy Tunnel even with the obvious unrealistic twist. I'd say that Voice also had a fictitious concept which was placed as a disclaimer in the beginning. Now, it's time for me to check out Partners for Justice on Netflix which has two seasons. I watched both seasons of Voice and now I'd like to check this out. Yup, no eye candy here unlike While You Were Sleeping, Kill It, and Justice but it's really an interesting story. 

The story involves the collaboration and rivalry between a prosecutor and a forensic doctor. The main character Baek Bom (Jung Jae Yong) is a forensics doctor who's known as Grumpy Baek Bom due to his disposition. Baek Bom is someone who uses some unorthodox tactics and is pretty anti-social. Meanwhile, Eun Sol (Jeung Ju Mi) is a rookie prosecutor who's got family issues, highly intelligent, and she's one who really emphasizes the importance of people. The two form an unlikely partnership which may require higher levels of empathy than needed. 

What makes it even more entertaining is that you can't really tell who's guilty and who isn't until you sit down and treat it in an academic way. I feel like going to law school or medical technology school in one sitting. Some scenarios have Eun Sol act out in her quest for justice and make a lapse in judgment due to her rookie status. It would seem that Baek Bom is a corrupt guy but it turns out that isn't. The obvious isn't always obvious especially in the world of criminal justice. That degree of realism also kept me invested in Tunnel even with the presence of time travel. In this case, the show seems to be rooted on realism even when it's obviously just a story. 

So far, I'm only four episodes into this series and it's MIGHTY ADDICTIVE. Yes, this show also contributes as to why I decided to watch Kamen Rider Saber at my own pace (and not do any more episode reviews) since this is NOT a Kamen Rider blog. There are two seasons that would make 32 episodes. Just a warning that it's not for the squeamish due to the autopsy scenes and crime scenes. Fortunately, there's some blurring for the faint of heart. That's why when I watch a series that's not ongoing that I don't do episode reviews. Instead, I just drop random thoughts when I feel like it. 

Comments