Start-Up Final Week: It's A Typical Happy Ending

 

This week's Start-Up final episodes really get what's the typical happy ending. Won In Jae finally gets her adoption dissolved before moving back to her biological family. I guess her stepfather wasn't so ideal after all, right? Also, I just find it weird that Pi Jyeung just keeps handing over Dal Mi to Do San on a silver platter. WTF is wrong with the other guy being too passive? It just gets rid of the thrill factor when you think about it. Love or just stupid? I can't decide on that! In Jae manages to move in back with her paternal grandmother after her reconciliation with her sister Dal Mi.

The finale arc just gets into the typical side of winning the competition. There's not much of a challenge either in their dream of creating the self-driving car and the like. I feel the finale arc doesn't do much of a story in contrast to a lot of past series I've watched. For instance, While You Were Sleeping was busy building up tensions that eventually got Yo Bum to be finally incarcerated. Other love stories still have "May the best man win!" Here? Well, I could say that the build-up isn't done well in the finale. It's even too predictable that Dal Mi ends up with Do San. I wonder why in the world is this show number one in Netflix Philippines? Oh right, there's a lot of lovey-dovey factor. There's even the subplot of Sa Ha and Chul San dating in secret and letting people know.

They do get their celebration. Later, both Do San and Dal Mi eventually marry. I do find it too predictable as the off-screen wedding in While You Were Sleeping. Fortunately, there's no wedding ceremony (which can be very cliche). The whole new team manages to continue its job. I find that either I've watched too many Korean series or the build-up isn't done well. Maybe, I'm still adjusting to typical love stories (AGAIN) considering I've enjoyed action series (and some do have romances). Though I'm planning to watch action series again after I took a break from them.  

Comments