Kamen Rider Saber Episodes 11-12: Search For The Eternal Truth?

Right now, I don't know if I should really still continue doing Kamen Rider Saber reviews. For one, I do feel like Daichi (to a certain extent) in wanting the eternal truth. Though, I don't like what Daichi did in becoming the current Kamen Rider Calibur to do so. I'm wondering how I'd do episode reviews. The current story of Daichi as Calibur really feels rushed. Suddenly revealing the current Calibur was indeed the previous Kamen Rider Saber should've been saved for later!

Kento thought that his father was Calibur but it's Daichi. Daichi's story in the past has him saving Touma (as a child) from danger. As an adult, Touma now faces that his childhood hero has become Calibur. I thought about how the mantle of a Kamen Rider can go from good to evil. In Kamen Rider OOO - the previous OOO himself was a villain and a greedy man. Fortunately, Eiji managed to use the OOO mantle for good to combat the Greeed. In this one, the previous Saber becomes a villain for a reason. Though, what in the world is the eternal truth that Daichi actually looking for?! I just suspect that Daichi probably is trying to pull off Sandayu's trick in Ninja Sentai Kakuranger one way or another. Speaking of the ninja - Ren does arrive again after magically disappearing for a few episodes!


The second part has some intense moments. So, there's still this girl named Luna but where is she and who is she? There's this promise of friendship. Could Luna actually be somebody in here? Also, we see that could be the apparent death of Kento. Kento gets into a bloody battle with Daichi. I felt that the stakes are getting higher when there's a personal issue going on. Could Reika Shindai be that Luna? What if it's Mei who's Luna? Okay, I hope that Luna's identity will be saved for later (maybe midway in the series) because the pacing is getting too fast!

I was thinking about the scene where Kento tells Touma to move away. So, what's with Touma and Daichi? Touma challenges Daichi to a severe battle. Kento's father Hayato (the previous Calibur) was indeed a traitor and was killed by Daichi. Kento goes severely injured. What really makes me wonder if we should admire superhero impulsiveness. Kento is freaking injured and yet he still goes out there? A mysterious man in a cloak appears near the end. I think Kento is dead but would probably magically come back to life with a revive spell.

______

So I guess I'd share my thoughts too and they're not going to be that good! I think a lot of stuff here such as the new Calibur or revelations of Kento's father Hayato needed to be kept for later. The pacing is really going so fast! I feel like a good cast and concept are about to be wasted on a badly-implemented script! It's really getting hard to follow and I wonder if I should even continue doing these reviews here. I'm really facing a lot of issues right now with how this show is going. Is it really heading in the right direction or not? I'm even considering taking a break from Saber then catch up on it. Too much new stuff and old stuff worth checking out there is even distracting me further!

Comments