Kamen Rider Saber Episode 6: Kamen Rider Kenzan's Arrival


This episode features the arrival of Ren Akamichi. TBH, I just wonder if I should watch the Kamen Rider Shinobi spin-off at this point? Well, it's an interesting debut that may start to give Kamen Rider Saber a more mature spin even when it thrives on children's fairy tales.

Ren is introduced as the new Rider. Kentaro introduces Ren to the show's protagonist, Touma. This also has Ren and Touma argue about strength and knowledge as the perfect combination for justice. Of course, we need both brains and brawn to win a battle, right? I still think about how Super Sentai tends to emphasize the need for both. So far, Ren still has a lot to learn about developing his head too.

A new reference to the King Arthur folklore is made. Touma's sword is stuck in its belt. Does that remind you of the story of The Sword in the Stone by old-school Disney back in 1963? Well, the King Arthur tales will further go forward with the need to go to Avalon. 


Zoous reveals something he terribly did. So, Masashi Mikami will guest-star as the previous Swordsman of Water? Zoous killed the previous Swordsman of Water leading to what could be a rivalry between Rintaro/Kamen Rider Blades and Zoous. 


Meanwhile, Kamen Rider Kenzan tries to prove himself right by fighting Desast. I love the use of the Three Little Pigs. I'd imagine Desast is the Big Bad Wolf of the story. Though doesn't the Big Bad Wolf also exist in Red Riding Hood and the Seven Little Goats? 


It's time to venture into Avalon. I always wonder how Touma will go there. I'm amazed he's able to crack down the code that will bring him over to that legendary place. Will somebody guest star as King Arthur?


Next week will be the trip to Avalon. I wonder will we get an arc or just another episode I could easily reviewer. Regardless, I'm actually now more focused on this show than I am with the recent Sentai, Kiramager. 

Comments