Currently Watching "Start-Up"

Well, there are times I end up backtracking and times when I focus on what's new. In short, it depends on my mood and I guess my superficiality is hard to get rid of, right? Currently, I'm watching Akibaranger Season Three Start-Up which stars Suzy Bae as the main character. While I was actually planning to watch some Korean realistic legal drama again (and I think I'd probably be watching Vice City and Voice Season 2) - I think something lighthearted will do for now.

The plot follows a business x romance plot. Suzy Bae stars as Hiroyo Hakase Seo Dal Mi who tempoarily drops out of college to make some money to start-up a business. Nam Joo Hyuk stars as Nam Do San - a math wizard who, unfortunately, is failing in real-life applications in his planned computer company. Kim Su-Ho is a business wizard Han Pi Jeung who has a history with Dal Mi's paternal grandmother. Kang Han Na is acting as Won In Jae - Dal Mi's older sister who changed her surname presumably due to her mother's remarriage. The four will embark on a journey on what it means to have a start-up.

So, the story goes with some flashbacks to the past. The parents of Dal Mi and In Jae have a divorce after their father is abused at work. Unfortunately, both sisters are split as one goes with the father and one goes with the mother. What was also so tragic is that their father dies presumably due to that car collision's delayed effect. In Jae becomes a successful CEO while Pi Jeung becomes a successful professional worker. Dal Mi is still working in a coffee shop where she manages to do things right. However, she does still have her ambitions in her head. How will Dal Mi ever work out when she finds out that Do San the math wizard is a failure in real life? How will Dal Mi ever react when the letters written in Do San's name belong to Pi Jeung? I have to find out next week.

Like your typical K-Drama - it airs twice a week than once a week. So I wonder would I even start making weekly reviews or will I drop random thoughts? I'm even thinking about writing a compressed post based on the weekly review. Then again, I'm also doing Super Sentai and Kamen Rider episode reviews, random watches, and the like which I might drop off sooner or later. Right now, I'm also watching the Taiwanese period drama La Grande Chaumiere Violette which is based on the true story of Guo Xuehu a true-to-life painter who died last January 23, 2012. So, I might drop off weekly reviews soon since this is just a hobby. 

Comments