What I'm Expecting From Kamen Rider Saber Based On Episode 01

 

It's the first week of September 2020 and we got our second Reiwa Rider namely Kamen Rider Saber. I remembered writing my initial reaction before the show began. Kamen Rider Zero-One had ended last week and fortunately - no one-week hiatus. There are even some jokes in the credits with ZAIA Enterprise and Hiden Intelligence. So, the theme is once again related to knights. Wait, didn't we get knights and dragons in Kamen Rider Ryuki? Except for this time, the power of Western fairy tales and knights come to life. So, we might be getting some Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog vibes considering the RPG elements. Hopefully, it'll actually succeed where I think Kishinryu Sentai Ryusoulger failed.

The main hero Touma really puts some tribute back in 2009 with Shotaro from Kamen Rider W attire-wise. The world of books is here and I'm wondering should I actually rewatch The Never Ending Story movie series as well as The Pagemaster? I'm actually willing to give Takuro Fukuda a chance. For one, part of me actually thinks Kento Shimoyama actually did Kamen Rider Zi-O better than he did the lackluster Shuriken Sentai Ninninger. Touma is assisted by Mio Sudo his director. What he doesn't realize is that he's going to get involved with the Sword of Logos which three more Kamen Riders will join in. They are all very much knightlike. Granted, Kamen Rider today is already the replacement of the long-retired Metal Hero Series. I even wrote an article at how I think Kamen Rider's revival caused the end of Metal Hero. However, the spirit of Metal Hero still lives on as Kamen Riders today wear metallic suits and heavily use Metal Hero elements. 


The heroes known as Megiddo also have their aim to use the power of books to destroy. Their modus operandi seems to be similar to that of the Jyarei in Juni Senshi Etoranger. They start to cause havoc by using the Alter Book. They seek to steal the Greater Book which the Kamen Riders of the Sword of Logos seeks to protect. Kamen Rider Calibur was once a rider of the Sword of Logos but ended up joining the Megiddo. I think we're still waiting for some greater evil controlling these guys. Hopefully, this series will give us Kamen Rider's version of Queen Maeve from Knights of Tir Na Nog complete with a human actress. 

Also, I do feel like I might not want to write episode reviews all the time to try and avoid the burnout. Two, I could actually once again compile several episodes together. Actually, it depends on what could happen since my Super Sentai spirit is already flickering. Also, I've seen ALL of the Heisei Era Riders before Kamen Rider Zi-O too. So, there's a lot of uncertainties especially that this is just a sideline hobby and nothing more. 

Comments