Kamen Rider Zero-One Is Over As A TV Series Then There's A Follow-Up Movie

Well, it's the end of Kamen Rider Zero-One as a TV series as concerned. However, like Kamen Rider Zi-O before it - it's going to have a follow-up movie. Zi-O purposely did the reset button for this purpose - they were planning a movie called Kamen Rider Zi-O Next Time - Geiz Majesty

So, I'd like to do some thoughts first on the series. So you've noticed I haven't been doing episode reviews. Not to mention, my love for Japanese stuff has slowly dwindled (in favor of South Korean stuff) hence another reason why I'm no longer guest-writing for JEFusion and quietly left some time ago. How the series went was that some plots were rather slow (such as the five-part competition was worth ten episodes) or how Yua herself got stuck with Gai Amatsu for a long time. Then you've got some random plot twist where Isamu's parents are still alive rather than dead. Gai goes from villain to anti-hero and I really just feel it's not that developed. This is coming from someone who praises Bakuryu Sentai Abaranger who still thinks Mikoto's redemption arc was not so well done. I had more fun with Gai as a villain than the slow turn he made later in the series.

Ark was simply a silent threat but became more active later on. So, it's Gai's fault that it happens and he did have some ill motives. It's very much different from Dr. K's plan in Power Rangers RPM to set herself free from captivity with the use of Venjix. I felt that the Ark was more of a dangerous threat than Venjix due to how malice could revive it. Yes, the Ark gets destroyed before the finale but the threat of him reviving is very much there. The whole finale was devoted to a possible clash between HumaGears and humans - something that Evil Izu has in reviving the Ark. 

What's more interesting to know is that there's still the upcoming movie this December. A lot of episodes were delayed and plans were changed due to the COVID-19 Legacy Virus, right? Japan right now still has some cases. A new evil Kamen Rider called Kamen Rider Eden (Eden also means Paradise) appears at the end and will be the presumed antagonist of the upcoming December movie. Ironic, his form is very, very devilish. All that's known is that he wants to create a utopia. I just wonder is the Ark well, still alive, in some form? Is the Ark actually returning for a grand epic movie battle? 

On the other hand, I'm already going to inform readers ahead. I may start doing episode reviews and updates on the upcoming Kamen Rider Saber but don't expect it every week or every time. I'm just going to blog at my own pace. The same can go for anything right now. I'm exploring old school and new school stuff at my own pace. It's not about if something is new or not but whether something new really works. 

Comments

  1. Hello, just a bit of a clarification. While Zero-One ended in a cliffhanger, the epilogue will continue in the movie. That movie would be the summer film, which may premiere sometime this Ber months (September or October).

    The December you mentioned is the Movie War that would feature Zero-One and Saber, which is the follow up of Kamen Rider Reiwa.

    TBH, I don't know when the summer movie of Zero-One would be released in Japan since there's no announcement yet.

    Hope this clarification helps. Looking forward to Saber and hoped that the main writer would not screw up like what happened to Ghost.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for dropping by and thanks for clarifying. As said, I'm just reacting to news - not giving news.

      Anyway, I have to confess that I'm currently chasing other stuff. I'm backtracking and watching some stuff back in 2010s before I'll check other new stuff.

      Delete

Post a Comment