Kamen Rider 01 Is Back On Track

After weeks of nothing but clip shows (due to the Legacy Virus) - Kamen Rider 01 is back on track! I'm thinking about the latest plot that involves the Ark. I was looking at the episode this week and there's a new focus. Yua helps some members of Metsubo Jinrai who have been dethroned by Gai. However, a new ghost from the past is about to emerge and take form inside the body of Horobi.

I really am getting annoyed at how Yua's character development was dragged during the introduction of Gai era. Gai would appear as the vicious douche villain who's probably what Jun Shibaura of Kamen Rider Ryuki could've been if the actor didn't leave the set too soon. Gai's a badass smug rich guy who could manipulate events. Metsubo Jinrai's pains were most likely derived from the years of mistreatment.

What's nice to know is that Isamu does get to see his family is doing okay. So, what's with the false memories again? I feel the plot twist of false memories can be out-of-place. Then again, it does happen a lot in fiction. Remember how the Weapon X project in X-Men created some false memories for its test subjects? I guess that's a bit of inspiration that Toei got. Just remember Toei once had a partnership with Marvel before Marvel had a partnership with Saban (who also had a partnership with Toei).

The Ark takes form inside Horobi's body and becomes a new, darker abomination. I wonder how's it going to add to the conflict that the Ark is now embodied while Gai is still around? I wonder will the Ark be the final boss or will Gai be? For me, I'm still cheering on for Gai as the villain. Gai is proving himself eviler than all the non-human characters. Though if the Ark wins then I hope that it'd be an interesting villain. I mean, the Ark does have sentience so it shouldn't be surprised it became an evil Kamen Rider. Kamen Rider Ark shows off his strength and I think things will get interesting.

Meanwhile, I'm also having quite a struggle right now. I'm not liking newer Super Sentai as much as newer Kamen Rider. Multiple preferences? Caught by new school stuff every now and then because of the digital age? I'd dare say yes to that!

Comments