Currently Watching MCB's "Pride And Prejudice"

After watching a series of serious prosecution K-Drama where they're dark and heavy such as Voice, Kill It, Justice, and The Lies Within which are well OCN dramas. Now, it's time to travel back in time back to 2014 to watch some K-Dramas that might catch my interest. As said, there will be a time that I'll stick to older entries until I want to see newer entries at my own pace. Speaking of which, 2014 was also the time when I thought about making another u-turn from Japanese entertainment - ironic that I used to prefer it over to Korean entertainment!

So, in order to get to know Korean better - I need to watch some old school stuff for the meantime. That is, I might consider putting some newer entries on hold since this is NOT a news blog but a blog where I write down whatever comes to mind. 2013 was the year Choi Jin Hyuk became Kang Chi's father. In 2014, he becomes the leading prosecutor Gu Dong Chi who has been accelerated several levels. Baek Jin Hee's role as Han Yeol Moo has her in odds with Dong Chi due to some past events. I don't find Jin Hee hot but she's actually pulling off her charm like Shin Hye Sun does in her K-Drama. Yup, I think about the chip on the shoulder plot. Rather than something dark and heavy - Pride and Prejudice (and the novel by Jane Austen made a cameo in an early episode) is a lighthearted series that has two rival prosecutors starting to fall for each other.

I was just thinking that the vibes seem to bring back the bickering of both Nago and Megumi had a lot in Kamen Rider Kiva. Yup, there may not be any supernatural creatures crawling here but the lightheartedness and a bickering "couple" are bringing it in. Maybe, the marriage of Nago and Megumi at the end of Kiva isn't so random. The difference is that while Nago and Megumi were sidekick characters - here the two characters Dong Chi and Yeol Moo are the main characters. They have a rivalry going on that slowly blooms into romance as the series goes by.

Comments