Attempted Watch: OCN's "Voice" Crime Drama

Dramabeans
I remembered watching a couple of OCN's crime drama namely Kill It followed up by Justice. Both series really dwell on criminal psychotic minds. Kill It deals with a bastard who sires illegitimate children only for them to be used in organ trafficking. Justice deals with a sick manchild of a businessman who rapes women for fun and bribes the authorities. Now, I've heard that this is OCN's darkest drama which probably tries to do everything bloodier than usual. I think neither Yasuko Kobayashi nor Toshiki Inoue could be able to sit through this one!

It's a crime procedural drama so just expect some gore. I was thinking of the limits I could tolerate blood. I was able to sit through Naked Weapon and So Close from Hong Kong. Both movies were obviously not for children. Maybe the only reason why I was able to sit through the bloody gore of Conan the Barbarian (1982) was that the blood was so obviously fake. However, I still couldn't sit through that sick torture film The Dentist (and I don't intend to watch it even as an adult) due to how horrible the torture can be. Usually, I prefer to have the blood spilled in battle and I want to keep torture scenes short or mostly off-screen.

There are intense moments in the first episode. The female protagonist Kwon Joo is accused (presumably falsely) by Jin Hyuk of accepting bribes. A few years later, Kwon Joo returns from the States, and the two of them form an unlikely alliance. Speaking of which, actress Lee Hana (who plays Kwon Joo) bears a strong facial resemblance to Kazuko Miyata from Chikyu Sentai Fiveman. I also love her subplot where she's actually a woman who has an unusual sense of hearing. A childhood misfortune gave her a skill that's both a gift and a curse. She could use her extraordinary hearing due to some incident that happened to her eyes. Medically, Kwon Joo may have hyperacusis though I might want to research more about her hearing condition. If the disclaimer says that it's based on a real incident then I think writer Ma Jin-won must be doing a lot of research.

So right now, I don't know if I'll ever bother to finish this. There's always a limit to me when it comes to what I watch, okay?

Comments