Kamen Rider 01 Episode 32 - A Fashion Model HumaGear

Just looking at this episode makes me want to throw in bad jokes. At this point, a HumaGear fashion model ousted by ZAIA Enterprise named Derumo. Derumo is reactivated which has me wanting to LOL or throw bad jokes just watching this episode.

I'm supportive of HumaGears doing assist work but doing fashion model work? Lawyering work? Isn't artificial intelligence supposedly limited? I guess HumaGears have souls too. Granted, Toei Ltd. is also responsible for the Dragon Ball franchise where Cell (an artificial lifeform and bio-cyborg) also ended up in Hell. A HumaGear as a fashion model? Personally, I do want to laugh at the thought and I want to throw in jokes about Troy Burrows from Power Rangers Megaforce or the just-as-robotic Shun Daimonji from Kamen Rider Fourze. Honestly, I'd welcome a scene where actor Justin Tomimori will guest star as a HumaGear. Oh, let Andrew Gray dress up with those HumaGear headsets too.

I do also have to address the possible contrast with this WTF episode. It could be showing how beings of cold steel can (at least in this story) have more conscience than beings of flesh. The story of Pinocchio showed how a puppet made of wood can have more conscience than the beings of flesh such as the Coachman to the Land of Toys or the con-artists (fox and cat). Gai Amatsu is a flesh and blood being with a literal heart of muscles. However, Gai shows he's more heartless than any human or HumaGear in this series. Consider how he has put microchips inside the heads of both Isamu and Yua. Yua still suffers from headaches which suggests that she's a puppet of Gai all the way.

I think the whole "Yua is stuck with ZAIA" plot is probably going on too long. Is it me or is Zero-One having trouble with pacing issues? Granted, there's always some experimetation going on so it's only normal that Toei wants to see audience reaction by introducing something new and seeing if it works. I think Toei wants to try prolonging a plot to a certain length to see if it works or not, huh? The current battle between Isamu and Yua is a battle for the mind. What's the use of Yua being a flesh and blood being if Izu is having more free will? Speaking of Izu, seeing her on the ramp gives me a LOL factor. I'd want to imagine Troy's eyes peeled out towards Izu which can't happen either due to continuity differences.

Next week, it seems that we'll be seeing Yua back on the side of good or not? I guess she will soon be able to overcome the "programming" that Gai has put in her head. Hopefully, because I'm missing her on the side of the good guys.

Comments