Trying To Finish 'Crash Landing On You'

I don't deny that Crash Landing on You is addicting but it doesn't give the same level of addiction (at least for me) than the Wuxia TV drama Princess Weiyang. So, everything starts with a South Korean businessman surviving a tornado and lands on North Korea (I heard such an incident could happen) and an unusual love story begins. Se Ri and the North Korean officer Jung Hyuk begins. It's not entirely instant and things can get unusual. There's a few comical moments but it's well-balanced with seriousness. 

Just seeing the part where Se Ri returns home to South Korea and the North Korean soldiers entering there can teach some life lessons. Se Ri herself learns not to take the fruits of capitalism for granted and she becomes a better boss. Meanwhile, the North Korean soldiers that accompany Jung Hyuk start to see the fruits of capitalism yet they're still ignorant as to why the South is better. Seeing them enjoy the fruits of capitalism for the first time is a dirty finger on North Korea's government. They see the big difference between the North and the South. I wonder did Filipinos watching it on Netflix (well, I wonder if GMA-7 or ABiaS-CBN will bother crap-dubbing it) see more of why communism is a failure? Either way, it was fun to see how both sides see the big differences between free-market capitalism and economic protectionism at work. There's also the side story between Seo Dan as she falls for the South Korean con artist Seung Joon. 

What's my problem right now is that the final episodes are too long. I think one problem I have with K-Drama is how often the length of one episode goes. It's usually around an hour and a few minutes. In this case, I'm stuck with the remaining episodes being one hour and a half. I'm even wondering am I ready to watch the nearly two-hour finale? I just feel like that slowing down is very beneficial for the mind. Right now, I'm just going to need and fasten my seatbelt for the long finale. 

Comments