The Weirdness Called The Heart Boys In Lingjian Mountain

Image Source

Watching Lingjian Mountain does have me fill a bit of nitpicking. I could go ahead and enjoy the action BUT I'd love to nitpick. Even the best shows in the world will have noticeable flaws. I could really laugh at how Sandrine Pinna-Ji who's obviously a half-white is in here. Now, it's time to point out the rather funny scene called the Heart Boys. Are these guys trying to be the 911 boyband or parody the Backstreet Boys before they existed?

One of their songs is called "A Little Sweet" which really should make you laugh when you know the ENGLISH translation:

I will save an apple as I wait for you here
Hope that it will help quench your thirst, my dear
Like a winter’s warm drink, or a Coke in the heat
You are totally the right one for me

You and I’ve already planned the end of next week
Your light mood swings are no biggie for me
I don’t even know why, old wounds haven’t yet dried
Yet somehow you’ve crashed right into my life

You have helped me see that even deserts have colorful blooms
You’ve inspired me to write a love song each day just for you
As I sing this little song
You are singing right along
And we know this choice we made isn’t wrong

You have turned my graying world back into the color of pink
It is you who’ve touched my heart and life with just your loyalty
Love has to be carved just so
I am Michelangelo
I’m engraving a love so beautiful

Sometimes I’m missing you, Love is kind of sweet
And my wish, always true: Love’s for you and me

It would have made sense to talk about cold water in the heat than Cola. Like WTF. I really find it funny they're also using some kind of magic microphone. It's almost like suggesting that the Chinese invented the microphone when they clearly didn't! Michelangelo mentioned? He was born CENTURIES LATER in 1475 A.D. and Lingjian Mountain clearly takes place centuries before that. It's pretty much WTF if you think about it that they'd sing that song!

Though the other song they sang in the same episode "Annual Ring" which fortunately didn't contain any chronologically out-of-place content:

Rings contouring into fingerprints are imprinted upon my lips
But the one recalling the bitter kiss marks are tree roots
The flourish of passing spring and coming autumn has hidden away dusk
Leaving me alone in the cold night waiting for morning
In this world, the most venomous hate is being destined to meet but not fated to be together
Regrettably you never dote on my foolishness
Even weeds overgrown with youthfulness still live on steadily
Annual rings accompany me as your substitute
(Counting) each ring, I earnestly seal away the turmoils in my heart for safekeeping
I take pride in having them densely-packed
Altering the separation again and again, I acknowledge I once dreamt of forever
Regrettably there has never been anyone to act out this script with me

Comments